Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Should z3100 PSU fan run while sleeping?

(1/3) > >>

Kyle D Jackson:
Hey all, just getting reacquainted with my Z3100ps after year and half of storage/moving/"life happens". When the printer is sleeping I hear the fan running on the power supply side (left, not the aerosol fan on the right). I honestly can't remember if this was normal before. I always thought the fan turned off after it went to sleep. But maybe I'm mistaken, and just didn't notice as much before (previous place was larger). Hoping some other Z3100 "fans" on here (groan) can confirm for me.

(I may have a related question later about a new-to-me z3200ps I'm working on, which seems to run fans loud all the time, but I need to finish working on its malfunctions to get it back to a normal operating state before I can make a fair assessment.)

Thanks so much, cheers

sportmaster:
z3200 runs all the time.  You eventually get used to the noise.

Kyle D Jackson:

--- Quote from: sportmaster on February 12, 2024, 03:28:34 pm ---z3200 runs all the time.  You eventually get used to the noise.

--- End quote ---

Ugh, well that's not what I wanted to hear! Might toss the Z3200 if that's the case.

Can anybody answer re Z3100? Still can't recall if its fan always ran while sleeping or not.

kers:
You can replace teh fans with less louder types as many have done:
HP decided to put in a 3$ fan...

Kyle D Jackson:
So the z3200 I rescued is still being worked on, but I managed to get it to a state where now the fan goes down to a quiet slow speed mode while sleeping, just like my z3100 does. Before that the z3200 fan was running max speed all the time even when "asleep". So I guess it'll be okay (assuming I can ever get it working again...).

Since nobody answered about z3100, I'll just assume that this low fan speed while sleeping is normal and my memory that the fan shuts off completely when asleep was incorrect.

Not likely to replace fans tho, especially not in the z3100 given HP has now killed that printer by discontinuing the red ink and printheads (see other thread).

Anyhow thanks everyone.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version