Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New .icc printer profiles not recognised in LR or Photoshop  (Read 694 times)

pflower

New .icc printer profiles not recognised in LR or Photoshop
« on: February 02, 2024, 06:42:43 pm »

I am trying a new paper from Pinnacle.  In the past I have used and tried a number of their papers.  They provide generic .icc profiles for my printer - an epson SC-P5000.  All of those work well and are recognised by both LR and PS.  But I have downloaded a new .icc profile and have installed it in every single /Library/Colorsync/Profiles folder on my computers - my user name library, the system library etc.  Not coming up when I go to "others" in Lightroom and not recognised by Photoshop or epson print layout.  All the older profiles are recognised and available.

The only thing that I can think of is that the previous profiles were probably installed under Monterey OsX.  I am now on Ventura and on another Mac I am on Sonoma.  Neither computer recognises the new profiles.  Opening the profiles in ColorSync utility they seem fine - the specification version is listed as 4.3.0, the space is RGB, the pcs (whatever that is) is Lab and the platform is Microsoft. Looking at the earlier Pinnacle profiles which are recognised the specification version is 2.0, the output is still RGB the pcs is still Lab but the platform is Apple.

So any of you, and particularly Andrew who is so generously helpful in these matters, have any explanation for this?

thanks

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: New .icc printer profiles not recognised in LR or Photoshop
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2024, 08:31:05 pm »

Can you pop it somewhere (like Dropbox) for me to look over.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

pflower

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2024, 12:32:08 pm »

It shows up for me in Lightroom Classic (print module). Make sure you search for Innova, not Epson as that is the internal name.
Whoever made the profile didn't understand that's what is used for listing the profile, NOT "Epson-SC-P5000_7000_9000STD_Pinnacle Prem Silk Baryta 310.icc"
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

pflower

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2024, 01:17:17 pm »

It shows up for me in Lightroom Classic (print module). Make sure you search for Innova, not Epson as that is the internal name.
Whoever made the profile didn't understand that's what is used for listing the profile, NOT "Epson-SC-P5000_7000_9000STD_Pinnacle Prem Silk Baryta 310.icc"

Once again I am hugely indebted to you.  It would never have occurred to me to check the Innova profiles. But I now remember that Keith Cooper suggested in one of his videos that the Pinnacle Paper was very similar to or even identical to an Innova paper.

Once again thank you very much

Philip

GWGill

• Author of ArgyllCMS & ArgyllPRO ColorMeter
    • ArgyllCMS
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2024, 12:39:04 am »

The profile looks OK from an ICC format point of view, the only quibble being the inclusion of a 'dict' type in a V4.2 profile, since 'dict' is V4.4.

pflower

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2024, 11:58:17 am »

The profile looks OK from an ICC format point of view, the only quibble being the inclusion of a 'dict' type in a V4.2 profile, since 'dict' is V4.4.

I suspect that the Pinnacle paper is pretty much the same as Innova IFA 69, which is what this profile says it is when selected in Lightroom.  Not the same as the name when viewed in the Finder which completely fooled me.  Anyway I have now found it thanks to Andrew and it works very well with images.
Pages: [1]   Go Up