Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Transfer i1Publish pro from i1pro to ipro2  (Read 670 times)

Richard.Wills

• Photofusion Photography Centre
Transfer i1Publish pro from i1pro to ipro2
« on: January 25, 2024, 02:10:19 pm »

I'm sure I read here a few years ago that you could transfer  i1Publish pro from an i1pro to an ipro2, using a specific version of the software. The Mac I'm trying this on is running profiler 1.8.0.7678

I just picked up a second hand rev E (nonsticky version), but when I go to transfer the ilcense, RGB and CMYK profiling are red question marked.

Can anyone recall such a post or suggest if there is a way to do this?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Transfer i1Publish pro from i1pro to ipro2
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2024, 02:52:51 pm »

You are going to have to contact X-rite: Good luck.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Richard.Wills

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2024, 03:30:09 pm »

Oh.

OK, thanks Andrew.

Glad I didn't just run the license transfer!

PhilipCummins

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2024, 12:05:48 am »

From memory that's showing you the licenses on both products, so your i1Pro has i1Publish Pro licensing while the i1Pro 2 is the i1 Basic Pro 2 licensing (display calibration/profiling only). When you transfer the licenses it swaps all of the licenses around between the 2 devices (even i1Match licenses). I'd recommend as Andrew says to just double check with X-Rite if the interpretation is correct and get some screen shots before/after in case of any issues since the software is quite old now and out of date.

FYI it's recommended to upgrade to a i1Pro 3 as the hardware is better designed and not prone to the soft-touch rubber degradation, you can transfer from an i1Pro 1 to 3 (see my post here) but requires X-Rite to assist. One drawback of the transfer process is the i1Match licenses are also transferred and not retained on the original device so you can't use i1Match anymore if you wanted to for some reason (which is incorrect in my original post).

Richard.Wills

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2024, 10:30:04 am »

Thanks Philip, I'll be getting in contact with x-rite next week.

I'd love to goto the i1Pro 3, particularly to be able to profile canvas and backlit, but that's for another year's budget. Fortunately the unit I received hasn't yet developed the s-trd.

Richard.Wills

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2024, 12:11:13 pm »

So, update.
Called x-rite UK Friday afternoon, and the (very helpful) receptionist directed me to the contact form for support, Switzerland.
Email on Monday, with instructions.

A failure was found trying to swap dongle flags. Error: failed to parse server message.
Email back a couple of minutes with manual activation  - success.

Given that I've had 15 good years out of the rev D, with hundreds of profiles, that is pretty good customer support!
Pages: [1]   Go Up