Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seilebost Beach, Harris  (Read 404 times)

KMRennie

Seilebost Beach, Harris
« on: December 21, 2023, 09:29:34 am »

Another bright and cheerful image from this much photographed location on the Isle of Harris, Scotland. Taken at noon as the bwach looks at its best with the spit of sand revealed. Ken

francois

Re: Seilebost Beach, Harris
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 10:50:45 am »

Stupendous! We could think that this a tropical beach by the color of the sea and the sand but looking at the distant hills  is enough to relocate this wonderful landscape back were it belongs.

I quite like the noon light here, it makes those turquoise colors so vivid and brighten the sand.

Well done, again, Ken.
Francois

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 11:59:30 am »

Hi Ken and good to see you back.

Yes we intend to go back to the Outer Hebrides very, very soon. And seeing your shot now, makes that seem more urgent to get back over there and after all, it's only a 40 minute ferry ride away.

Fantastic location and great shot.

Dave

armand

• Photos
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 09:49:19 pm »

I agree with what Francois said and I like it quite a lot! Color wise it reminds of a shot that I took in Puerto Rico hence the tropical reference.

KMRennie

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2023, 01:45:01 pm »

Hi David, our trip to the Outer Hebrides was great for a holiday. Photographically, high pressure mush produced lots of very soft images. The real downside for me was the almost total lack of swell. We walked out to Stac a' Phris and it was great to see it but flat light and no wave action. I have thought of driving up from here if the weather looks promising but it is a long way to travel and my images would be incredibly expensive. You are fortunate in being able to see a good spell of photographic weather and take off. Ken

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2024, 02:11:37 am »

Nice.
Pages: [1]   Go Up