Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello again  (Read 285 times)

KMRennie

Hello again
« on: December 20, 2023, 08:05:36 am »

I haven't posted here for a very long time so thought that I would re-introduce myself with a series of my favourite images taken this year. Unusually, for me, this was taken on a bright and breezy day during a walk along the coast from Craster to Dunstanburgh Castle, Northumberland, England. It is 3 images blended together to choose the best bits of the breaking waves. Ken

armand

• Photos
Re: Hello again
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2023, 08:17:27 am »

Nice! Welcome back.
A little too bright if I have to nitpick, at least more than expected with the long exposure look on the waves. Were all long exposures that got blended?

KMRennie

« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2023, 08:42:38 am »

Thanks for the comment. The 3 exposures were 1.6s long and parts are masked together rather than blended ( as in mean/median blending). I was going for the bright cheerful look unlike almost all of my images. I also view/ process my images on screens that are quite dark by many peoples' standards so the (over)brightness may be down to that. Ken

francois

« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2023, 10:38:03 am »

Great to have back here... I love it but Armand has a very valid point about the brightness.
Now, that being said, it's a wonderful and spectacular shot.
You can be proud!
Francois

armand

• Photos
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 09:51:37 pm »

It could be my monitor or my light sensitivity, some days I like shots brighter than other days. It's an interesting technique, I might try it. I usually just keep shooting until I get something that I'm at least ok with.
Pages: [1]   Go Up