Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Printing from Lightroom  (Read 616 times)

Jonathan Cross

Printing from Lightroom
« on: December 19, 2023, 03:44:44 pm »

I have a problem printing that suddenly appeared with the previous version of LR and continues with the latest version.  I select an image, go to the print module and the image shows, but the preview in the top left is blank.  If I press print, a blank sheet comes out.

I have looked on the web and this is a known issue, and solutions are given, but do not work.  I have tried removing the printer, a Canon Pro-300, and reinstalling it as though it was new.  This involves connecting it to the Mac, downloading the printer driver and adding it to the list of printers..  I have tried printing from Word and it prints OK.  The blank preview screen in LR is still there, and the web entries all say it will only print if the preview shows.  The blank preview also appears if I specify the A4 Canon printer we use for day to day printing.

I am running an M1 iMac, with Ventura 13.6.1 and LR Classic 13.1 and Camera RAW 16.1.  What is puzzling is that I can print from Photoshop 25.3.1.

Any ideas would be much appreciated otherwise I will have to click edit in PS from LR and then print from there.  It would be nice to have a functioning LR.

Thanks,

Jonathan
Jonathan in UK

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
Re: Printing from Lightroom
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2023, 10:28:00 am »

Hmm ... I get the same thing, photo shows on main screen but preview is blank - but printing works fine. Have you tried hiding the preview?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2023, 01:51:19 pm »

Try disabling GPU in prefs: Is there any difference with the preview?
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Jonathan Cross

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2023, 01:55:07 pm »

Peter,
I am now printing again, but still no preview.  I tried uninstalling LR from my Adobe apps screen, and then reinstalled it, but that made no difference.  I then tried System settings/printers and scanners.  I right clicked on one of my printers and selected Reset printing system.  That removed both printers, my every day general printer and the Canon Pro-300.  I then went back into the Printers and Scanners screen and added both back again.  At least I am now printing again.

Thanks for the thought.

Jonathan

Jonathan in UK

Simon J.A. Simpson

« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2023, 03:00:55 pm »

With my version of Lightroom (12.3), and as far back as I can remember, the Preview window in the Print module never shows a preview of the image/s, only of the layout with the cell/s and borders.
Pages: [1]   Go Up