Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can I get a Navigator panel to show for a secondary display? How?  (Read 524 times)

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers

I am running two displays from a Mac using the secondary display option for the second display. I would like to have a Navigator panel open for the second display to run independently of the Navigator on the first display.

My plan is to show the catalogue's thumbnails on the first display and be show a larger view of selected thumbnails on the second display which I can use the Navigator on that display to move to where I want to on the larger view.

Is this possible? how do I set up the second Navigator panel?
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: Can I get a Navigator panel to show for a secondary display? How?
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2023, 08:56:31 am »

No, you can only do what you want with the displays in reverse (and one Nav window), ie in Develop, set Loupe on display 1 with the Nav window and Grid on the 2nd screen for thumbs.

Edit: There is a kind of kludge you might want to try.

When activating your 2nd screen you can select Loupe - Live
Change Screen 1 to Grid/Thumbnail view
Hover the cursor over any thumbnail (can use the grid or the filmstrip) and screen 2 will switch to that image
Move the cursor over to the 2nd screen and click it to magnify
Move cursor back to the thumbnail on screen 1 and then as you move the cursor around the image on the 2nd screen follows the cursor.

Yea, kind of a kludge but it sort of gets the functionality you're looking for.  Not as versatile perhaps.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2023, 09:08:54 am by mcbroomf »

rogerxnz

• Hayman Lawyers
Re: Can I get a Navigator panel to show for a secondary display? How?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2023, 06:14:21 pm »

Thank you so much, Mike!
Roger
Roger Hayman
Wellington, New Zealand
Pages: [1]   Go Up