Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Printing: Printers, Papers and Inks

Z3200PS with a muddy yellow ..

(1/4) > >>

NackJich:
Hello again..
I recently changed the belt on this printer, and the issue I have coincides with the procedure. On the left of my image is a somewhat crumpled copy of the pre belt change printer diagnostic sheet. To the right is a good example of the situation now where yellow is not coming through. There are no gaps in the assessment area, but the colour is way off. The central image with a magenta stripe down the middle should be "pure yellow." Is it the print head? I'm puzzled. I had expected the large coloured area to be solid, but half way down it breaks up into partly printed lines which makes me think printer head?

CharlesGast:
NackJich,

I have experienced sudden color derangement (for lack of a better word) as the result of a foreign object blocking the drop sensor.
 In my case it was a single very fine filament of cotton across the top of the sensor. Without a light and very close inspection it was not noticeable.
It happened after doing a routine internal cleaning and removal of excess ink build up on the service station wipers using tightly wrapped cotton swabs.
In case you need some direction; the drop sensor is the opening between the service station and the printing area.

NackJich:
Thanks Charles. I'll take a look. The service station was filthy, was going to go back in and sort that out at some point..

NackJich:
Something came back to me just now, and I think your advice is correct. As the printer booted up following the belt change, an error message appeared: Cleaning process needed. See clean the printhead drop detector in the user guide. I tried to understand it at the time, but the detector just appeared to be a narrow slot with nothing much to clean?

glyph:
The drop detector is just a small slot, with the sensor out of sight. It sometimes gets a bit of lint or a hair around the aperture that can cause problems. I don't think a color shift seems like a likely outcome, however. I'd be more likely to believe it is a faulty printhead. I've had a handful fail on me over the years, contaminating the colors. I'd clean the drop detector for good measure, but expect that you will need to do a head replacement if it is what I describe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version