Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Adobe Lightroom Q&A

Data Input Issue

(1/2) > >>

David Eichler:
In the last couple of months, when I input info into the lables box in the Library mode, LR is applying keyboard shortcuts when I just want to input letters. When I input a second time, it works fine. This didn't happen previously. Trashing preferences doesn't work. This is the latest version of LR Classic, and this happened with the the immediately preceding version as well. Anything to correct this?

jwlimages:
Perhaps a related issue:
the last couple versions of LR have exhibited some flakey behavior for me as well. e.g., simply trying to enter a caption in Library module, LR enters first letter, then closes caption entry so any further keystrokes simply activate LR key-equivalents (keyboard shortcuts). If I don't look out, I'll get that one letter as the complete caption, then as I continue to type, if second letter is "L" say, it will activate the "lights dim" or "lights out" mode - very disconcerting! As you say, when I recover & try a second time it usually behaves as expected, allowing me to enter the full caption as intended...

:-(

John

jwlimages:
This problem continues for me. Started with LR Classic v.12 (or maybe even v.10?), still a problem in LR v.13.

In the Library module, attempting to enter text into fields like Keywords, Captions, Labels, renaming capture files or clones (basically most any fields where you might want to enter text data) fails on the initial attempt, but after that LR's behavior returns to normal. So when I initially open the catalog, and in Library mode I select a capture file (or rendered tiff, e.g) and click to open, say the Caption field... I start to type, but LR closes the entry window after my 1st keystroke.

As noted earlier by David Eichler, if I type a second letter, LR treats it as a key command equivalent. LR has closed the entry window with the first letter, so anything after that is treated as a shortcut - e.g. "d" will open Develop window, etc. Very disconcerting when I'm trying to type an entry!

This weird behavior happens only once per session - after one event, LR behaves completely as expected. Then if I close the catalog/quit LR, the next time I open it the problem happens again, and still only on the first attempt.

As I say, this has persisted thru 2-3 major upgrades, I have reset LR preferences as well, still no luck. This is such a weird, annoying issue I would think there would be howls from others if they run into it too. But if David and I are the only ones affected, that seems bizarre, too.

Anyone have some thoughts about this? Oh, and David, did you resolve it on your system?

Thanks,

John

Oh yeah, specs: MacBook Pro 2021 M-1 Pro chip, OSX 12.7.3 (Monterey), LR Classic v.13.1

digitaldog:
How to submit a bug report:

Photoshop:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idi-p/12373403

Lightroom:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-bugs/how-do-i-write-a-bug-report/idi-p/12386373

jwlimages:

--- Quote ---How to submit a bug report...
--- End quote ---

Thanks Andrew. Will do.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version