Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Graphing ICC Profiles  (Read 759 times)

jimcamel

• Film from the 70's; digital and computers now.
Graphing ICC Profiles
« on: June 16, 2023, 05:40:53 pm »

Does anybody know of software, outside of ColorThink, that can show a 3D view of an ICC Profile's gamut; and has the ability to graph/chart in 3D the gamut of a particular TIF (jpg, etc) file.  I imagine, if overlayed, it would tell a lot about out-of-gamut colours in an image and give you some clues as how to optimize.

LrC's soft proofing will show you regions of an image that are out-of-gamut when you turn on soft proofing in Develop....BUT....all you get is that it is OUT of gamut - not by how much.

I believe ColorThink can do this - but I couldn't justify the price for this function....so I was looking for something else.

jc

HP Z9+, 44/Mac M1 Ultra/2TB/64gb, Ventura 13.4
JC. Photography and computers ... how could that not be great ?

Gerd_Peters

Re: Graphing ICC Profiles
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2023, 05:50:05 am »

Colorlogic can do this with the programs Copra and ColorAnt.

https://colorlogic.de/en/home/

There is demo software with limited functionality for review.

However, software is more expensive than ColorThink Pro - but it can also do much more.

Greetings Gerd

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2023, 10:43:23 am »

Does anybody know of software, outside of ColorThink, that can show a 3D view of an ICC Profile's gamut; and has the ability to graph/chart in 3D the gamut of a particular TIF (jpg, etc) file.  I imagine, if overlayed, it would tell a lot about out-of-gamut colours in an image and give you some clues as how to optimize.

LrC's soft proofing will show you regions of an image that are out-of-gamut when you turn on soft proofing in Develop....BUT....all you get is that it is OUT of gamut - not by how much.

I believe ColorThink can do this - but I couldn't justify the price for this function....so I was looking for something else.

jc

HP Z9+, 44/Mac M1 Ultra/2TB/64gb, Ventura 13.4

Not what you really like to have but Gamutvision' s  Read Image for Analysis  is a bit better than the usual out of gamut soft proof info. And it is free.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

lingen08

« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2023, 01:24:41 pm »

I'm using Gamutvision once in a while, but still the best viewer is the age old MonacoGamutWorks as part of the old Monaco profiling software - prior to the XRite i1Profiler and Profile Maker by Gretag McBeth before XRite took them over. MonacoGamutworks let you display and overlay several icc-profiles - about 10 max, offers a good 3D view and more. I cannot link you to any cracked version which still might be downloadable somewhere.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2023, 05:19:17 pm »

http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

jimcamel

• Film from the 70's; digital and computers now.
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2023, 10:47:43 am »

thanks folks for your replies......I'll take a look at at Spectrumviz later this week.  The myths article on ColorWiki was also quite informative.

jc
JC. Photography and computers ... how could that not be great ?

MatkoD

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2023, 12:08:48 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up