Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson 9890 print heads problem  (Read 1295 times)

FRA_

Re: Epson 9890 print heads problem
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2023, 03:16:13 am »

Not that I know of on this unit.

What I would do is make a large rectangle of pure black and print out a couple of those. Sometimes
there are impurities that happen in the k channel that need to be flushed out. Carbon gets separated from the base and you might not see it in nozzle checks though you usually do. What’s strange though is you are seeing this in both MK and Pk.

It’s possible there is something in the lines.

Have you cleaned the capping station and the wiper blade recently?

Just don’t keep doing cleaning cycles because that’s not working and you can blow your head.

If none of these things are working I would buy some of the piezo flush from inkjet mall and put that  in the k channel and print some rectangles and then leave it in the lines for 24 hours.

quote author=FRA_ link=topic=142511.msg1253087#msg1253087 date=1685347897]
The problem seems to affect the black only, If it was a paper feed problem i suppose It was visible in every color.
Anyway, Is there a way to automatically calibrate the paper feeding for the 9890? I can't find it  :(

The capping station looks clean, I clean it sometimes with a specific liquid

Is there an alternative to piezo flush? I'm located in Italy and at a first check it's hard to find

I can try to print some black rectangle to see if something changes

MatkoD

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2023, 10:53:55 am »

Is there an alternative to piezo flush? I'm located in Italy and at a first check it's hard to find

You can get it here in EU
https://taosphoto.fr/en/

Cheaper solution:
https://www.easy-inks.de/en/shop/inks/agfa-grand-sherpa/agfa-sherpa-24-44/264/cleaning-fluid-for-dye-pigment-or-sublimation-inks-1-liter?c=584

FRA_

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2023, 11:02:37 am »

So, please, can you tel me if I'm doing the right way before a make a big mess?

- Buy 220ml Piezoflush liquid (is it enough?)

- Buy a 350cc refillable cartridge for PK or MK (should be the same)

- Fill the cartridge with maybe 100ml of liquid, put it on and do some black square prints to let the Piezoflush replace te black ink. Should I print until I don't see any black color left?

- Leave everything still for a couple of days

- Switch to the real black cartridge and keep on printing until the ink replace the Piezoflush liquid

Thanks

deanwork

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2023, 07:47:42 pm »

Yea that’s good. I would put all your piezo flush in the cart to make sure you are getting good pressure then  do one normal pair cleaning. Print out black rectangles until you see most of the black being removed . It will probably be grayish red if that’s piezo flush.

If you were cleaning out the whole system you would do an initial fill but you can’t do that without wasting all the other inks.

Let that’s sit for two days or twice that much if you are in no rush . Then do another pairs cleaning and put your black in and start doing black rectangles till all the red is gone.

What you are trying to do is clean out any dried sludge in the lines and damper. If you are having the same trouble after that you need to replace the ink selector unit.

John

quote author=FRA_ link=topic=142511.msg1253343#msg1253343 date=1685977357]
So, please, can you tel me if I'm doing the right way before a make a big mess?

- Buy 220ml Piezoflush liquid (is it enough?)

- Buy a 350cc refillable cartridge for PK or MK (should be the same)

- Fill the cartridge with maybe 100ml of liquid, put it on and do some black square prints to let the Piezoflush replace te black ink. Should I print until I don't see any black color left?

- Leave everything still for a couple of days

- Switch to the real black cartridge and keep on printing until the ink replace the Piezoflush liquid

Thanks
[/quote]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2023, 07:57:48 pm by deanwork »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up