Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon Pro-2000 output is about 95% of full size  (Read 738 times)

D White

• Don White
    • iStock
Canon Pro-2000 output is about 95% of full size
« on: May 10, 2023, 01:03:26 am »

I am not a frequent printer. I have a Canon Pro-2000 and use ImagePrint on a Mac.

Recently I had a small project and realized my output was only about 95% of the stated output size. The Imageprint support can not see any issue with the program or settings I used.

I also now noticed that printing without Imageprint from PS or from Mac Preview is also exactly the same size reduction.

This appears with sheet or roll. I am using a paper size that is significant larger than the needed output size, so no unprintable area issues.

At the moment I am at a loss to know what is wrong or not set right. I do not recall this issue in the past.

Dr D White DDS BSc

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
Re: Canon Pro-2000 output is about 95% of full size
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2023, 04:14:42 am »

Imageprint Black or R.E.D.

D White

• Don White
    • iStock
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2023, 06:33:43 pm »

Imageprint Black or R.E.D.

Black

Re installed Canon driver and installed Canon Print & Layout which has it's own driver; same size problem with all.
Dr D White DDS BSc

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 06:41:15 pm »

Are you seeing the 95% in both directions or only in the direction of the paper feed? There's a feed adjustment that you can choose size priority or quality priority. So if the length is wrong but the width is right and size is important you can recalibrate the feed adjustment. Other than that I'm not sure, I use IP Black and have never had anything like that before.

D White

• Don White
    • iStock
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2023, 01:24:27 am »

The size is reduced by the same percentage in both width and length.
Dr D White DDS BSc

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 06:00:04 am »

As Imageprint have ruled out problems on their end it seems like it's something on the printer itself. I don't own a Canon any more so I can't examine settings but I would suggest a rigorous examination of the printer settings (and the manual) on the printer screen itself to see if some scaling setting has changed itself.

D White

• Don White
    • iStock
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2023, 05:40:34 pm »

The size is reduced by the same percentage in both width and length.
As an update, the size reduction is a constant 1/8 inch no matter the print size.

Working with Canon they wanted me to change a paper feed setting, which is in 0.01% steps. The tech said he was seeing this issue himself and this resolved it. For some reason when I change this parameter it does not stick.

I am now away for two months on a shoot so will have to put this on hold.
Dr D White DDS BSc

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2023, 05:06:27 pm »

If it's a constant size and not a percentage then it sounds like the issue is more to do with margins than scale. Are you trying to print full bleed? If not, how much space are you leaving around the image?

D White

• Don White
    • iStock
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2023, 06:37:38 am »

If it's a constant size and not a percentage then it sounds like the issue is more to do with margins than scale. Are you trying to print full bleed? If not, how much space are you leaving around the image?
Not printing full bleed. I am printing well inside the printable area as confirmed with the Canon tech. It is consistent with sheet and roll.
Dr D White DDS BSc

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2023, 07:54:31 am »

Is Scale set to 100%?
Is Enlarge/Reduced Printing off?
What value is Roll Paper Safety Margin set to?
You say you are not printing borderless.  Does this mean that (as you have said) you print are just smaller than the paper, or do you mean specifically that Borderless is set OFF?
Is Fit Roll Paper Width set to OFF?
Are you using standard sizes when you set up the print job, or have you made Custom sizes?
If custom sizes can you make a new one, verifying in the print dialog you set all 4 borders to 0"

Is it possible that in your file prep there is a preset or action somehow being applied that adds a border (white) before final resizing. ie the print size being sent to your printer is correct but it has 1/8" white border around the image itself?

When did this problem start?

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2023, 08:59:53 am »

What version of image print black are you using? What canon driver version is it?

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2023, 09:40:30 am »

No one has mentioned inadvertent crop. Have you double checked your crop. If it was inadvertently cropped you would have the issue you are having.
For example if you are printing an 8x10 but your image is actually 7 7/8" x 9 7/8"  Using Lightroom as an example as that is what I use.
If you select that image and enter 8x10 in the print cell size expecting it will print that size. When in fact it will print 7 7/8"x 9 7/8" and actually show you that size in the print preview.
In Lightroom a click on Zoom To Fill would automatically make it print 8x10. You seemed to have checked everything and this is the only thing I could think of.
Pages: [1]   Go Up