Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson P20000 problems  (Read 2995 times)

deanwork

Re: Epson P20000 problems
« Reply #20 on: May 04, 2023, 02:52:54 pm »

On average, how long do these P20k machine last before you start seeing expensive issues develop?

These new inks of theirs are so great but it looks like with the 44” models there are all kinds of expensive hardware issues people are having. What is also nice about the P2000 is that extra gray. But it does seem they are not made nearly as well as the 11880 it replaced.

Narikin,
I would love to know this.  It will really help me clean the right nozzle.
"There is an online plan somewhere with which head area = which color. DM me if you can't find it - I have it here."
Thank you.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2023, 10:03:18 am by deanwork »

Lessbones

« Reply #21 on: May 04, 2023, 08:40:39 pm »

I don't understand why they would return to the non-flat paper path of the 9900 and previous models after designing a flat one that works quite well for the 10K and 20K-- they made really good moves with the chassis of those two models, and then basically threw it all away. 

narikin

« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2023, 03:15:22 pm »

Narikin,
I would love to know this.  It will really help me clean the right nozzle.
"There is an online plan somewhere with which head area = which color. DM me if you can't find it - I have it here."
Thank you.

So sorry, I spaced on checking this.
Here's the printhead map for you and anyone else who needs it:

hazany

« Reply #23 on: May 19, 2023, 05:43:38 pm »

Thank you for sharing this.  So to clean LM for example, do I clean both of the right rectangles in head one and head 2?

narikin

« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2023, 11:34:37 am »

Thank you for sharing this.  So to clean LM for example, do I clean both of the right rectangles in head one and head 2?

I believe so, yes.

There are squared off rectangular swab sticks that are excellent for exactly this kind of thing.

You can pay 10x the price at inkjetmall or simply buy them on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07QVPCK5M

Lessbones

« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2023, 02:59:32 pm »

there is actually a kind of undocumented door on the left side that comes off with thumb screws where you can access the underside of the head relatively easily--  kind of like they built it before deciding whether or not they were going to "allow" customer access to this cleaning position

hazany

« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2023, 03:09:43 pm »

Thanks for taking time to help out.  I have done this kind of manual cleaning often.  After cleaning, a nozzle check always shows that all nozzles are indeed clogged.  I understand this is normal.  Then I do nozzle cleaning until I get a good report.  This can be very frustrating and time consuming.  Repeated nozzle cleanings (after the manual) can take hours.  I learned from the Epson repair person that there is "pressure" that has to build up and it might make sense to wait and let this pressure build up.  Sometimes, all clogs go away on their own, overnight.  I wanted to know if you have experienced the same issues.  Thanks again.

hazany

« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2023, 03:13:37 pm »

One more question is wether it matters if there is paper loaded in the printer when head cleaning is being performed.  Thanks.

narikin

« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2023, 05:06:44 pm »

there is actually a kind of undocumented door on the left side that comes off with thumb screws where you can access the underside of the head relatively easily--  kind of like they built it before deciding whether or not they were going to "allow" customer access to this cleaning position

Actually it is documented. You do have to read the manual to find it though ;-)

Lessbones

« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2023, 01:44:43 am »

Actually it is documented. You do have to read the manual to find it though ;-)

Makes sense, I was using a preproduction version of the P20000, so it didn't have a manual to begin with.  And then I never was able to find a copy of the service manual... those things must have combined in my mind.  I'm curious on what it says on how to actually use it, I'll have to look that up.

One more question is wether it matters if there is paper loaded in the printer when head cleaning is being performed.  Thanks.

No, it makes no difference to the cleaning process.

hazany

« Reply #30 on: May 22, 2023, 09:05:28 am »

Does it make any sense that after the manual cleaning of the P20000 head, wiper blade, and pumping station, the nozzles are a lot more clogged and need to be cleaned over and over?
With my 9900 and 9890, after manual cleaning, I always have to run more cleaning cycles but then all is clear for a while.
Thank you.

Neil Currie

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2024, 05:28:06 pm »

Every 12 to 18 months I have the head cleaning unit replaced.

That it.

No problems after that.

No wasted ink.

The way I determine when to replace the "Car Wash" is by how much extra ink the cleaning functions is using.

Three cartridges is the same cost as the entire service call.

I also use the Automatic Nozzle Checking.

If it says the nozzles are still bad, I never tell it to re-clean. This is safe because the printer will still do a check, and if there are TOO many clogged nozzles, it will still go through another cleaning cycle again.

This saves me countless hour loading test paper.

I still do a manual nozzle check afterwards (Never clogged - maybe one nozzle).

The print head "never" goes bad unless a foreign object scratches the head (Was a very sad day).

Most important note: "If you can get all the nozzles to fire, even only once; then your print head is in perfect shape.....Not enough cleaning suction to pull the air out of the nozzles."

hazany

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2024, 06:17:28 pm »

Thanks for sharing this information.  What part of the printer is called "car wash" that needs to be replaced?
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up