Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for a fast media browser to replace 'Media Pro'  (Read 1243 times)

kers

• Pieter Kers
Looking for a fast media browser to replace 'Media Pro'
« on: February 14, 2023, 12:12:50 pm »

Since the excellent program Media Pro is extinct, I am in search of a replacement.

So far I use two programs for finding and browsing my photos but together they still cannot do what i could do in Media pro.

FAST RAW VIEWER ;  excellent for fast scolling en selecting RAW files ;
but (AFAIN) lacking a list-view and lacking any sorting on exif information like shutterspeed or exposure compensation.
and not able to work with psd or PSB files.

NEOFINDER; excellent for making a catalogue of your archived disk and able to sort and find anything; but not able to copy, move , or change anything.
only finding and displaying in the finder one by one.

what i need now is a program that finds all files i made with a +2 overexposure and move them to another folder.

any idea's?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 05:39:34 am by kers »
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
Re: Looking for a fast media browser to replace 'Media Pro'
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2023, 11:09:55 am »

Ex-Media Pro user here. I’ve been using NeoFinder for the last year or so. It’s not perfect, but Norbert Doerner, the author, provides excellent support. I’ve reached out to him many times while learning his program and he was very helpful.

…but not able to copy, move , or change anything. only finding and displaying in the finder one by one.

It actually is possible to move/rename, etc., but the program does not automatically update its database (and reflect any changes you’ve made). Updating a catalog must be done manually (hint: use the scheduler) and it must read the entire directory/folder to reflect those changes. This takes a few minutes or longer if the directory is large and the files are large. This is a deal-breaker for many, but it has not hindered my workflow.
~ CB

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2023, 04:57:01 am »

Thanks!;  i will look into it...
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

pflower

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2023, 06:11:21 am »

The feature I most use in Iview is its slideshow capabilities.  Setting a slide show in half portrait mode is invaluable when deciding upon double page sequences for books, for websites etc.

I keep a copy running on Mojave just for that purpose.  But I haven't found any program that would duplicate the flexibility of Iview's slideshow features.  Anyone got any suggestions?

Chris_Brown

• Smile dammit!
    • Chris Brown Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2023, 06:55:46 pm »

Setting a slide show in half portrait mode is invaluable when deciding upon double page sequences for books, for websites etc.
But I haven't found any program that would duplicate the flexibility of Iview's slideshow features.  Anyone got any suggestions?

That is a nice feature, but probably perceived and niche by developers.

When I open a folder of photos, videos or music in NeoFinder, I use the spacebar to browse the list. It also provides for a "Gallery" mode, but nothing is cropped in the viewer. It's very quick, even when reading from the NeoFinder database on my NAS.
~ CB

Bozzdivine

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2023, 09:29:45 am »

I have not found any program yet that can do exactly what Media Pro was capable of.

PeterAit

• Peter Aitken Photographs
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2023, 11:23:21 am »

Since the excellent program Media Pro is extinct, I am in search of a replacement.

Take a look at AnyFilter, a Lightroom add-in that has quite extensive filtering and searching capabilities. I do not know if it will do what you want, but maybe worth a look.
Pages: [1]   Go Up