Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson p9570 p9000  (Read 1106 times)

wsegar

Epson p9570 p9000
« on: April 15, 2023, 11:26:19 am »

Hi Everyone I posted about two years ago about my issues with the p9570, epson in the end had there tecks come out from California and they could not fix any of the issues , the printer was declared dead and returned and I stayed with my p9000. My p9000 has come to the end of its life and I am thinking of either getting a new p9000 or a p9570 if they have fixed the issues.????

MY QUESTION IS HAS THE P9570 ISSUES BEEN RESOLVED ?  My biggest problems was paper skewing, could not handle Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta 325 paper or any paper in the same thickness and stiffness. , half way through a 44x56 inch print the print would get blurry, never printed to correct size would be off by 1/4 to 1/2 inch, in black and white through the epson driver EPL there would be purple banding in certain areas of the print at the time they believed it was a double head problem due to the p10000 doing the same thing doing the same test. ) problems with the p9000.

Just wanted to see if they have fixed the issues.

Thank you for any responses.

W

This was my previous post from a coup[le years back when the printer first came out ---------------

Hi Everyone I am a photographer that used the P9000 and previously the 9800 so have many years using these printers.

I currently got the P9570, its been running for a couple weeks. I make prints 44x56 inch prints usually

1. seems to run fine on epson glossy paper on canson Lustre rc on normal settings (paper settings) such as suction normal , platten gap auto, and platter gap on the printer standard, settings are slightly different than p9000

2. on Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta 325 (lets put it this way its been a nightmare)

. first I got head Many strikes even as inputing the paper thickness @ .41mm and auto platten gap and standard platter gap on there printer

.so I did various test on test strips 44 x 14, figured out the platten gap on the paper setting to maximum 2.9 and on the printer to widest and suction to max 3 since the paper curls so much, it seemed to work perfect ( as in no head strikes and was razor sharp) ,but I was doing 44x 14 inch test strips on the H Fine Art Baryta. I was exited and though I nailed it. So I ran a 44x 56.5 print on those settings with 5 inch white paper borders around the print. When the print came out it was all out of focus. But the more I looked at it were the print started it was in focus and slowly went out of focus. Maybe you can help me out what Is happening ???????

I tried too switch the settings but since I had to reload a barely used 44 inch roll paper , the printer has many problems loading the paper, it keeps saying its skewed constantly or does not recognize paper that its loaded , and I have tried like 30 times ( no problem on other regular cheap papers).

Anybody experience these problems, I will state the p9000 has not given me any problems on any of these papers.

I really want to print on the Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta 325 its beautiful paper , but this printer can not handle the feeding of it and all the problems mentioned above.

The printer does print way better in BW and in color no question about that and is amazingly faster.

Nice to meet all of you

On top of that they had an epson tec about a week ago and had to replace the cover of where the heads park so the ink does not clog while parked , that part was replaced and that problem of having constant clogged heads fixed in the first week of the printer.He had problems loading the Fine Art Baryta 325. And epson support really does not know much about this printer.

deanwork

Re: Epson p9570 p9000
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 12:29:00 pm »

You should read all the posts about the 9570/7570 on the Epson io large format group. It’s all there, total nightmare since it was released about three years ago. It was designed as a production fine art printer but has never functioned as such. It’s a disaster. Look at the YouTube videos ( not the silly Epson propaganda which is a joke ) and read all these reports on the io group by doing a search for p9570.

https://youtu.be/x2f8AHc6wAs 

This appears to be the biggest screw up in inkjet history.

There is a whole host of time sucking problems and glitchy workarounds people are fighting, but the big one for art printmakers  like us is you have no choice but set  the platen gap ( distance from head to paper ) so high to avoid head strikes that image quality is drastically compromised. People all over the world are seeing this and have lost a lot of money on ink and expensive media the last 3 years.

If you don’t know, HEAD STRIKES are BAD and the quickest way to destroy the head. If you are out of warranty you are really screwed …..don’t ever do that.

They rushed this system out during the pandemic without doing the most rudimentary beta testing! We all make mistakes in life, but most of us fess up when huge mistakes are made and apologize and fix it. Epson blames the customer, the paper companies or anybody but themselves. It’s dishonest . ( I’m mad and I don’t even have one)

Epson sent out a crazy pdf acknowledging the many various  problems ( three years too late ) but giving no real intelligent serious solutions. Killing more time. They pretended they could fix these head strike issues with firmware when they knew that the hardware design with the head being too close to the media was the culprit. They did this for speed, and it works with thin rc papers and probably most canvas products.  They’ve known that for three years fine art media is a disaster.

I really wanted one but so glad I saw all these posts right before I ordered one! Oh man I would have been screwed. They have the audacity in this pdf to recommend if you have issues with fine art media to contact the paper manufactures , seriously, even when their own branded art papers have the same exact problems. In the beginning they tried to blame Hahnemuehle which was crazy annd anrrogant.  Epson has had screwups in the past but nothing remotely this serious.

Look if you do fine art photo work or reproduction or artwork your clients want 300/ 310 gsm papers . There is no way around that. They know this.

If I bought one of these I’d do everything I could to make them take it back and give a TOTAL refund. Its a no win situation..

There is also a crazy review on this site that tells us you can expect to loose about 30% of all your prints to damaged paper or focus issues ! ,  as if anybody can absorb that financially or psychologically . Epson gave them a printer to test so I guess they were reluctant to hit them too hard. Too bad, lost opportunity.

I sense they will never fess up to this disaster and just eventually come out with a new product or rerelease the P10k which is what they should  have done two years ago. It was fast too with great inks and actually worked.

John

Hi Everyone I posted about two years ago about my issues with the p9570, epson in the end had there tecks come out from California and they could not fix any of the issues , the printer was declared dead and returned and I stayed with my p9000. My p9000 has come to the end of its life and I am thinking of either getting a new p9000 or a p9570 if they have fixed the issues.????

MY QUESTION IS HAS THE P9570 ISSUES BEEN RESOLVED ?  My biggest problems was paper skewing, could not handle Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta 325 paper or any paper in the same thickness and stiffness. , half way through a 44x56 inch print the print would get blurry, never printed to correct size would be off by 1/4 to 1/2 inch, in black and white through the epson driver EPL there would be purple banding in certain areas of the print at the time they believed it was a double head problem due to the p10000 doing the same thing doing the same test. ) problems with the p9000.

Just wanted to see if they have fixed the issues.

Thank you for any responses.

W

This was my previous post from a coup[le years back when the printer first came out ---------------

Hi Everyone I am a photographer that used the P9000 and previously the 9800 so have many years using these printers.

I currently got the P9570, its been running for a couple weeks. I make prints 44x56 inch prints usually

1. seems to run fine on epson glossy paper on canson Lustre rc on normal settings (paper settings) such as suction normal , platten gap auto, and platter gap on the printer standard, settings are slightly different than p9000

2. on Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta 325 (lets put it this way its been a nightmare)

. first I got head Many strikes even as inputing the paper thickness @ .41mm and auto platten gap and standard platter gap on there printer

.so I did various test on test strips 44 x 14, figured out the platten gap on the paper setting to maximum 2.9 and on the printer to widest and suction to max 3 since the paper curls so much, it seemed to work perfect ( as in no head strikes and was razor sharp) ,but I was doing 44x 14 inch test strips on the H Fine Art Baryta. I was exited and though I nailed it. So I ran a 44x 56.5 print on those settings with 5 inch white paper borders around the print. When the print came out it was all out of focus. But the more I looked at it were the print started it was in focus and slowly went out of focus. Maybe you can help me out what Is happening ???????

I tried too switch the settings but since I had to reload a barely used 44 inch roll paper , the printer has many problems loading the paper, it keeps saying its skewed constantly or does not recognize paper that its loaded , and I have tried like 30 times ( no problem on other regular cheap papers).

Anybody experience these problems, I will state the p9000 has not given me any problems on any of these papers.

I really want to print on the Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta 325 its beautiful paper , but this printer can not handle the feeding of it and all the problems mentioned above.

The printer does print way better in BW and in color no question about that and is amazingly faster.

Nice to meet all of you

On top of that they had an epson tec about a week ago and had to replace the cover of where the heads park so the ink does not clog while parked , that part was replaced and that problem of having constant clogged heads fixed in the first week of the printer.He had problems loading the Fine Art Baryta 325. And epson support really does not know much about this printer.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 06:13:03 pm by deanwork »

wsegar

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2023, 07:40:18 pm »

Hi John thank you so much for the reply well that makes up my mind, yeah when I first had problems they blamed it on the Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta 325 paper, so I spent $300 on a roll of epson cold press bright white I believe it was kind of the same thickness as the FA Baryta and had the same problems, then they became quiet. Oh well, what a mess.
They did reimburse the total i spent for the printer, and I traded all the inks to them for p9000 inks, and they transferred my warranty to the p9000.

Thank you.
W

deanwork

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2023, 06:16:32 pm »

Wow ! Good for you! You dodged a bullet . Congratulations!

Hi John thank you so much for the reply well that makes up my mind, yeah when I first had problems they blamed it on the Hahnemuhle Fine Art Baryta 325 paper, so I spent $300 on a roll of epson cold press bright white I believe it was kind of the same thickness as the FA Baryta and had the same problems, then they became quiet. Oh well, what a mess.
They did reimburse the total i spent for the printer, and I traded all the inks to them for p9000 inks, and they transferred my warranty to the p9000.

Thank you.
W
Pages: [1]   Go Up