Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Colors are different from LR to PS  (Read 607 times)

pkkelly

Colors are different from LR to PS
« on: March 09, 2023, 06:55:56 pm »

Okay group, with the help of this forum I’ve tried to maintain the best color managed workflow I can but I’ve got a problem that really has me stumped. I use an up to date PS/LR setup on a PC and have been making some notecards in PS, importing them into LR for filing and printing. I have several where I’ve used  images taken ten years ago on a point & shoot-jpeg only camera. I noticed along the workflow that some of these were showing up in LR with the colors looking rather different. They print that way too but the print is the same as the screen. This is not double profiling. So I opened the offending images in PS and looking under Edit>Color Settings and Edit>Assign Profile I saw that some of them were still in sRGB and some had no profile assigned at all. I went ahead and changed this to ProPhoto RGB and the images came to life. I saved the modified images to LR but the new changes did not appear. Nothing changed. So I deleted the files from LR and reimported them with the new PS files. Same thing. But here’s what I really find odd. When I open the image to PS directly from LR, it opens with the changes. I can print it from PS with the changes. There must be some setting in LR I have wrong.
In LR it looks and prints like the first attachment. (Polnabrone Dolmen)

In PS it looks and prints like the second attachment. (Capture)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Colors are different from LR to PS
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2023, 07:14:58 pm »

Untagged documents in Lightroom Classic are assumed to be sRGB (even if they are not). Tag them as they should be tagged.
Also view in Develop module for most accurate previews.
You might need to rebuild the previews in Lightroom Classic.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

pkkelly

Re: Colors are different from LR to PS
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2023, 11:08:06 am »

Thanks, Andrew, for the quick reply. I've been going over all of the images from my old point & shoot and the profiles are all over the place. I think the problem with this project started with the new documents I created in PS to make the note cards.(File>New). I think I neglected to assign a profile to the new document so when the images were brought in they kept whatever profile they had. Does that sound plausible? I also think it's time for me to up my game in this area of color management. I'll be going over your website to try to learn more about how these profiles get assigned etc. Below is a profile assigned to one of the notecard files. Where it came from I have no idea.

Thanks again!
Pages: [1]   Go Up