Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Windows 11 - C1 not transferring tethered captures  (Read 774 times)

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
Windows 11 - C1 not transferring tethered captures
« on: February 25, 2023, 03:06:45 pm »

Last week I stupidly, accidentally upgraded my laptop from Win 10 to Win 11.

For the past couple days, I've been trying to shoot tabletop products for a client. I have discovered that, while both my Canon R and R5 will work with Live View, when it comes down to shooting and transferring a capture, nothing happens. No file is transferred from the camera to the laptop. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. I have restarted plus numerous other things. I'm running the most recent version of C1. Also, interestingly, in another capture program I use, Smart Shooter 4, the same thing happens. Live view works, but shooting an actual frame ends up with nothing being transferred from the camera. I also tried another little program, DSLRemote, and the same thing happened.

Finally, I used Canon's software, EOS Utilities plus DPP, and frames are captured and transferred to the laptop.

Has anyone else encountered this with C1, and if so, how did you fix it? I leave on the 11th for a week-long shoot where about half the shoot is done tethered and I need to sort out this issue. Thanks.

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
Re: Windows 11 - C1 not transferring tethered captures
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2023, 08:20:09 am »

As an added note, I've also been sometimes getting "BUSY" on my camera when tethering. Upon searching, it was usggested to make sure cards are out of the camera. I removed the cards, hoping this would also help C1, but it did not.
Pages: [1]   Go Up