Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Does Adobe detail what data it collects when you exit Lightroom?  (Read 689 times)

dreed

I just noticed that after exiting Lightroom, a program called "LogTransport2" gets run. Ever curious, I put it into Google and found this:

https://www.tecklyfe.com/fix-logtransport2-error-on-shutdown-in-windows-10/

I've shut that little piece of privacy invasion off now, but I can't help but wonder, what data has Adobe been collecting? Do they spell it out anywhere?

That it gets run after I am done with LR makes me think that every click, rename, tag, etc, is somehow recorded and uploaded.

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Does Adobe detail what data it collects when you exit Lightroom?
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2023, 02:45:24 pm »

Not the detail, as far as I've seen. The closest I've seen is in your account privacy settings and this faq - see the section "What usage information is collected and sent to Adobe and how does Adobe use it?"

dreed

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2023, 08:47:29 am »

Not the detail, as far as I've seen. The closest I've seen is in your account privacy settings and this faq - see the section "What usage information is collected and sent to Adobe and how does Adobe use it?"

This:

• Information about your content and documents, such as number of pages and unique document identifiers, (but not the content in your documents);
  • Content usage information such as how many times you access content and how you interact with your content within the app
  • How you interact with Adobe’s apps and how Adobe’s apps interact with your content, including the features you use and the options you select, your user journey to Adobe’s apps, the features you use and the options you select; and

Is pretty broad. For example, "Information about your content" could be read to mean that all the keywords you use in LR catalogues are sent to Adobe (they're not the document/picture, just metadata about the picture.)

john beardsworth

• My photography site
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2023, 01:25:45 pm »

As I said, not the detail. I've not seen anything more precise, but I'm not too worried.
Pages: [1]   Go Up