Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrade to Windows 11 for new Lightroom update?  (Read 2137 times)

jrsforums

Re: Upgrade to Windows 11 for new Lightroom update?
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2022, 08:41:53 pm »

Same thing happened to me. Make sure your power settings are maximized and that LR/PS have High or Real Time priority. And make sure you have the latest drivers from the original mfrs; Windows sometimes settles for old drivers from Win 10.

Do you find changing priorities increases performance?  I would think this would only…possibly…help if it was contending against other competing tasks..based on a lot of ‘under the cover ‘ factors and ‘secret sauce’….with little contention, a low priority task may already get 99.5% of the CPU.
John

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Upgrade to Windows 11 for new Lightroom update?
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2022, 12:31:40 pm »

Hey John, I don't know if I can give you a satisfactory answer, because I changed, power, priority, and a couple drivers at the same time. All I can say is after the conversion to Win 11, which went smoothly, Firefox was slow in that pages took longer than usual to load and my gmail stumbled on opening, probably taking up to a minute to load. The two drivers I know I changed (in addition to any Win 11 changes) were the display and Realtek ethernet driver. Now things are stable and as fast as they were under Win 10; maybe a tad faster.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up