Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hollywood, Florida  (Read 522 times)

Mark Nadler

Hollywood, Florida
« on: August 25, 2022, 11:45:15 pm »

Comments welcomed.

mark

francois

Re: Hollywood, Florida
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 11:53:32 am »

I love the geometry. Colors/shadows are also great for that study of different shapes.

I'm wondering whether the line formed by the two different colors on the left wall wouldn't be better higher or lower to avoid a "V" shape with the line created by the shadow on the right wall. Well, my wording is confused as are my thoughts… I'm sorry.
Francois

Mark Nadler

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 07:41:40 pm »

francois, thanks for commenting.  I should have accompanied this image with why I took a picture of it.  I liked how the lines in the image neatly divided the two dimensions of the photograph into four different colors and shades.  Also, the v-shape of the lines create a slight optical illusion of a three-dimensional object -- take another look. 

mark

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 06:48:03 am »

Lived there for two years.

Great shot!

Mark Nadler

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 11:09:46 am »

Thanks,  Slobodan.  My parents lived in Hollywood for many years.  Even though not considered a "sexy" city, I always liked its slightly blue collar and seedy vibe.

mark

francois

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 03:52:04 am »

francois, thanks for commenting.  I should have accompanied this image with why I took a picture of it.  I liked how the lines in the image neatly divided the two dimensions of the photograph into four different colors and shades.  Also, the v-shape of the lines create a slight optical illusion of a three-dimensional object -- take another look. 

mark

Thanks a lot for the info. FWIW, I like it a lot as it is and was just wondering about taking a slightly different point of view (probably not better).
Francois
Pages: [1]   Go Up