Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hahnemühle - Papers and Wilhelm Imaging  (Read 823 times)

Abdo

• Abdo Abdala - Photography
Hahnemühle - Papers and Wilhelm Imaging
« on: August 09, 2022, 05:14:37 pm »

I always looked at Wilhelm works, but today I went looking for articles related to Hahnemühle, simply everything was removed from there, there is no longer any test or any reference to the Hahnemühle papers.
Can anyone tell the reason?

deanwork

Re: Hahnemühle - Papers and Wilhelm Imaging
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2022, 09:20:08 am »

Canson obviously paid him to do a major testing of all their major papers a few years ago, with the three major printer pigment inks ( and two for Canon).  Just guessing , Hahnemuehle didn’t want to pay him for testing.

I always looked at Wilhelm works, but today I went looking for articles related to Hahnemühle, simply everything was removed from there, there is no longer any test or any reference to the Hahnemühle papers.

Abdo

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2022, 10:23:26 am »

the question is another... because the tests disappeared of the Hahnemühle ????

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2022, 11:28:42 am »

Hahnemuhle still links to the PDF from their site: https://www.hahnemuehle.com/en/digital-fineart/longevity.html

Abdo

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 12:22:44 pm »

Hahnemuhle still links to the PDF from their site: https://www.hahnemuehle.com/en/digital-fineart/longevity.html

they are gone with the 2020 tests.
there is only the 2008 and only epson printer.

Ryan Mack

• Ryan Mack on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2022, 12:28:09 pm »

Using the Internet Archive Wayback Machine I can't find any Hahnemuhle articles posted from 2020 checking a half dozen or so versions of the site from the last couple of years. Maybe it was included in another document but wasn't a top-level article?

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2022, 09:58:47 am »

For thorough testing you better check Aardenburg-Imaging.Com. Including the shifts in paper white and a proper evaluation of OBA content in the papers.  The main HM paper types are  included there and changes in the paper manufacturing with HM happened less than with Canson. Anyway Wilhelm' s tests were not updated either.  Printer models and ink versions changed more over time. I could check my archives, it is not impossible that I have some Wilhelm Research PDFs there.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots
Pages: [1]   Go Up