Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recommendation Needed: Epson P7570 vs P900  (Read 1117 times)

jeffasweet

• Jeff Sweet Photography
Recommendation Needed: Epson P7570 vs P900
« on: April 21, 2023, 12:26:52 am »

Hi All,

1st post here. I've been researching printers and have been reading across posts on LuLa and watching Keith Cooper's videos and others.

Here's the situation, I've been getting into printing with a friend who has a print shop and has a P9000, so have learned a lot but haven't actually done any serious printing myself. I had planned on getting the P900 based on my lack of experience and needs. I'm mainly looking to print for personal use, entering in gallery exhibits, and some lightweight selling. I'll have access to a larger printer if needed by using my friends 9000. I was looking and thinking about models that could print up to 24" in width and that's where my dilemma comes from.

I found a company that has a new 7570 in the box, never opened. It was originally sold to someone that didn't take delivery, and they bought it at auction. They have a pathway to getting the original warranty reinstated as well as being able to purchase an extended warranty. I can get this printer for $2000, plus the cost of the extended warranty, I'd buy the 2-year. Now here is the kicker, they have a second 7570 that was opened, had the ink cartridges inserted then removed, but was never powered up, so the ink lines and head don't have ink in them. They don't have the cartridges. He'll give me this printer as a spare for parts if I buy the 7570.

After reading the various problems people have had with the 9570 and 7570, I'm worried that I'll end up spending my time messing with the printer to get it to work properly, over experimenting with learning the art of making a good print. I hate to pass up a good deal, but I think going with the P900 is still the right path for me to pursue. I'd love to hear any and all opinions.

Thanks,
Jeff
Go Big or Go Home

dgberg

• http://bergsprintstudio.com http://bergscustomfurniture.com
Re: Recommendation Needed: Epson P7570 vs P900
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2023, 08:10:35 am »

I would personally skip that deal and get a P6000 if you can find one. Not really sure I would spend the extra money on a P7000 with the two extra colors. I have 2 P8000's and it is one great printer without the issues the 7570 and 9570 models are having.

jeffasweet

• Jeff Sweet Photography
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2023, 09:49:17 am »

I would personally skip that deal and get a P6000 if you can find one. Not really sure I would spend the extra money on a P7000 with the two extra colors. I have 2 P8000's and it is one great printer without the issues the 7570 and 9570 models are having.

Thanks. I haven't found as much detail on the 6000 as I have the 7000. Is the only difference the colors?
He has a 6000 in the box as well, don't yet know the full story. I also saw a 7000 used from a print shop where it's a 3rd printer, so it's been getting light regular use. That one the asking $1100 for.

I honestly don't yet know how much roll vs sheet printing I'll be doing as I learn. I picked up several large size sheet boxes of exhibition fiber, I know it's not the best, but it's good for learning. 3 boxes are 24" x 3p", so if I get a P900 I'll have to cut them.

Thx,
Jeff
Go Big or Go Home

MfAlab

• Modern Fine Art printing laboratory
    • HSU fine print
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2023, 10:07:53 pm »

Buy P900. If you did not have rich experience, P9570 would be a big stone on your way to get a good print.
Kang-Wei Hsu
digital printing & color management
fixative tests preview: https://reurl.cc/OVGDmr

jeffasweet

• Jeff Sweet Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2023, 12:43:29 am »

Thanks, I've decided to go that direction with the p900.
Go Big or Go Home

hollisnolan@gmail.com

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2024, 07:42:08 pm »

I am in the same boat. Looks like go small or go home.
Pages: [1]   Go Up