Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson p7000 – Endless, Unstoppable Clean Cycles  (Read 318 times)

SeanPerry

Epson p7000 – Endless, Unstoppable Clean Cycles
« on: July 19, 2022, 12:31:56 am »

Hello and I hope this finds everyone well. Our p7000 has been printing rock solid for years (except for annoying, intermittent skewing) run with Image Print. Last week when changing from PK to MK, the printer drained empty a newish 150ml PK cart, ultimately not switching over due to "low ink" and suggesting to clean heads. I replaced the PK cart today, and can not get it to stop auto cleaning. The auto clean setting in the menu has never been on, so I'm mystified why it won't settle into ready to do a nozzle check.

Today, i unplugged the power to get it to stop and not drain ink... when cleaning the menu is unresponsive, and when reaching 100% finished, it just starts over again on its own.

Appreciate any insight, could not really find any posts or info online with similar behaviors.

deanwork

Re: Epson p7000 – Endless, Unstoppable Clean Cycles
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2022, 01:21:46 am »

You need to call Epson I would think. There may be a firmware update . Sounds like something went screwy with
the driver.

Last week my auto head cleaning turned on by itself. I had never even seen it turned on .  I quickly turned it off and it went back to normal. But that was weird and I haven’t downloaded anything from the Epson site . The computer isn’t online.

Hello and I hope this finds everyone well. Our p7000 has been printing rock solid for years (except for annoying, intermittent skewing) run with Image Print. Last week when changing from PK to MK, the printer drained empty a newish 150ml PK cart, ultimately not switching over due to "low ink" and suggesting to clean heads. I replaced the PK cart today, and can not get it to stop auto cleaning. The auto clean setting in the menu has never been on, so I'm mystified why it won't settle into ready to do a nozzle check.

Today, i unplugged the power to get it to stop and not drain ink... when cleaning the menu is unresponsive, and when reaching 100% finished, it just starts over again on its own.

Appreciate any insight, could not really find any posts or info online with similar behaviors.

SeanPerry

Re: Epson p7000 – Endless, Unstoppable Clean Cycles
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2022, 01:29:16 am »

Thank you @deanwork. I did find a firmware update, but can't get the printer to idle long enough to try resetting anything. I'll reset the driver in the OS before powering on and see if that gets it unstuck. Looks like it might be an Epson call.
Pages: [1]   Go Up