Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to clean HP Z3200 spittoon?  (Read 597 times)

svds

How to clean HP Z3200 spittoon?
« on: June 27, 2022, 04:12:05 am »

I've forgotten how to get the cartridge carrier to slide out of the way.. Anyone?

John Nollendorfs

Re: How to clean HP Z3200 spittoon?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2022, 01:23:50 pm »

Under "ink icon" replace print head. Unplug machine to easily move the carriage.

svds

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2022, 05:48:26 am »

thank you!

Kyle D Jackson

• Lone Leaf Photography
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2022, 09:30:39 pm »

Hi, I've just gone through this as well. I recommend taking the extra time to remove the right-side cover (it's only 5 screws) so that you can fully access the service area. Without doing this you can only see part of the service area, because the capping section is retracted inside. On mine, it was the capping station that had the most gunk requiring cleaning. With the right cover removed there is a Torx T10 socket on the back of the printer that you turn to advance/retract the capping station. This allows you to position it wherever you want to more fully clean it.

The service manual provides more detailed instructions on how to remove the right cover, and the location of the T10 "screw" socket.

After cleaning you can operate the printer for a few tests with the right cover off. You can see the service area and capping station in operation to better understand how it moves and how the gunk collects on it. You may need to clean it a bit more after operating a few times as more of the gunk appears from hidden areas. 

Another side benefit is that you can see fully into the carriage area while it is printing, scanning cal/profile targets, etc, which is kinda neat to watch if you're into that sort of thing haha :)

Hope that helps!
Kyle D Jackson
Ottawa, Canada
Lone Leaf Photography

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 05:14:22 am »

Hi, I've just gone through this as well. I recommend taking the extra time to remove the right-side cover (it's only 5 screws) so that you can fully access the service area. Without doing this you can only see part of the service area, because the capping section is retracted inside. On mine, it was the capping station that had the most gunk requiring cleaning. With the right cover removed there is a Torx T10 socket on the back of the printer that you turn to advance/retract the capping station. This allows you to position it wherever you want to more fully clean it.

The service manual provides more detailed instructions on how to remove the right cover, and the location of the T10 "screw" socket.

After cleaning you can operate the printer for a few tests with the right cover off. You can see the service area and capping station in operation to better understand how it moves and how the gunk collects on it. You may need to clean it a bit more after operating a few times as more of the gunk appears from hidden areas. 

Another side benefit is that you can see fully into the carriage area while it is printing, scanning cal/profile targets, etc, which is kinda neat to watch if you're into that sort of thing haha :)

Hope that helps!

The T10 screw socket is actually hexagonal as I observed on four Service Stations.  It works with a T10 Torx but better with a 2.5mm hex tool.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst

www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm
March 2017 update, 750+ inkjet media white spectral plots

Kyle D Jackson

• Lone Leaf Photography
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2022, 10:27:58 am »

The T10 screw socket is actually hexagonal as I observed on four Service Stations.  It works with a T10 Torx but better with a 2.5mm hex tool.

Thanks Ernst, I was wondering about that! When I looked in the hole it looked more a hex socket than torx, but I didn't try it. I had to go buy a T10 driver that was long enough to reach lol.

At the time I didn't know that it was simply for turning the drive shaft to move the capping station. I thought it was an actual screw being loosened, and I didn't want to try hex and risk stripping the head of a torx screw. Now I understand the hex would have worked fine, because it takes very little force to turn the shaft.
Kyle D Jackson
Ottawa, Canada
Lone Leaf Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up