Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Farmer's Market, 2020  (Read 244 times)

Todd Suttles

• Hi, amateur learning my way...
    • Todd Suttles
Farmer's Market, 2020
« on: June 10, 2022, 08:52:19 am »

Does this generate any curiosity? Interest? Questions?

Thanks for your objective responses if you comment  -/t
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 08:57:39 am by Todd Suttles »
One Day At A Time

degrub

Re: Farmer's Market, 2020
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2022, 09:42:59 am »

not by itself. Maybe with some lead in text to frame a context....

Todd Suttles

• Todd Suttles
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2022, 12:39:40 pm »

not by itself. Maybe with some lead in text to frame a context....
degrub,
Thanks. I wanted to get reactions to it as a stand-alone.

I am considering it for inclusion in a couple of collections and I am not sure which -if either- yet. One is a project exploring the experience and emotions of the COVID Year, 2020, In Retrospect.  -boring, everybody doing it, I know. But I did go thru it.

The second is a collection for a call for entry to an exhibit, "Tell A Story" juried by Henry Horenstein [ https://atlantaphotographygroup.org/events/call-for-entry-tell-me-a-story-documentary-and-street-photography/ ] -link provided if anyone else is interested; plenty of time left; help support Atlanta Photography Group. It does not sound like you experienced it as a very strong story; it did not evoke much curiosity. So that is good to know; and what I wanted to know. Thanks!

What I like about the image is the drawing I feel through the image; dark, to light, to dark, and the shapes it creates. I like the line of lights drawing me into the light shape in the middle and then turning and receding into darkness. I like the way the light shape frames and contains the figure. I like that nothing is sharp; the secondary group of people is in motion and distorted. And I like that the primary figure is non-descript; the only thing I know is it is wearing a mask. And I think it is really cool that the number "20" appears completely by luck on the column (reading left to right, left side of image).  -It's just kinda how I feel looking back at that year and the whole mess.

All that being said, none of it means anything if nobody else feels it and the image isn't engaging enough to make an observer curious.  :)
One Day At A Time

degrub

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022, 01:23:52 pm »

it could work as a semi abstract - as you mention the tones, but i would want no people so that it focuses on emptiness and the shapes..
Or if it is about people and market, then needs more of both to get the intensity of busyness and the interactions between people. The graphic tones would just be backdrop and framing.

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2022, 05:28:08 pm »

I rather like it.
The lights pointing to the moving subject give it an ominous feeling.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Todd Suttles

• Todd Suttles
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2022, 10:31:20 am »

it could work as a semi abstract - as you mention the tones, but i would want no people so that it focuses on emptiness and the shapes..
Or if it is about people and market, then needs more of both to get the intensity of busyness and the interactions between people. The graphic tones would just be backdrop and framing.
I understand the lesson/reasoning and will use it in the future. I have not thought of this one in this way. Thank you
One Day At A Time

Todd Suttles

• Todd Suttles
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2022, 10:32:28 am »

I understand the lesson/reasoning and will use it in the future. I have not thought of this one in this way. Thank you
Thank you Eric
One Day At A Time
Pages: [1]   Go Up