Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Significant Color Shift  (Read 536 times)

KaleMaui

Significant Color Shift
« on: June 06, 2022, 05:46:43 pm »

I’ve had a strange issue arise with both my Canon 8300 and Canon 4100 44” printers. We do art reproduction work here. Recently we made a print of a file printed perfectly before (printed from Photoshop). This time a dominate cyan-aqua color in the image shifted to a dark blue. These printers use custom profiles for each substrate used. Everything within color management has been checked and double checked. Both printers were showing the same issue. Digging into it deeper with test prints then found a second color that was shifting radically as well. The attached file shows what is happening. The two colors in question are labeled A1 and B1 (what they should look like) and A2 and B2 what they are printing like. The underlying sample print was made this morning on the 4100 right after doing a calibration process using Canon Photo Glossy 200 paper. Calibration didn’t change anything. I haven’t tried to call Canon yet as I can’t determine if this is a printer problem or something else. BTW, we did do a test print from Acrobat Pro to see if Photoshop was the source of the issue, but that didn’t change anything. Anyone have any thoughts on was is causing this? T.I.A.

Simon J.A. Simpson

Re: Significant Color Shift
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 09:31:01 am »

It's difficult to tell but my impression from your image is that the printer is not printing enough cyan.

Perhaps do a head check ?

Richard.Wills

• Photofusion Photography Centre
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 01:06:42 pm »

Wild guess, but have you updated Operating system recently?

KaleMaui

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2022, 11:40:10 pm »

I would think if it is lacking cyan then the nozzle check would not be spot on. But it seems obvious that cyan is missing. Regarding any updates to the OS, we generally keep all our Mac updated. The problem, though, occurs from multiple Macs. What I have discovered since the original posting is that the problem does not occur when printing from the Canon Print and Layout software, only from Photoshop and Acrobat Pro, both Adobe products. Makes me wonder if they've done something to cause this. Since I'm on subscription, I always update the software when updates come out. There must be some reason for this happening so I'll just have to keep digging. There must be a simple explanation, I just haven't found it yet.

degrub

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2022, 09:02:50 am »

2 profiles applied ?
Pages: [1]   Go Up