Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hasselblad Granted Patent for Camera Sensor Image Stabilizer  (Read 849 times)

TechTalk

Below is a link to the patent granted this year to Hasselblad for a camera sensor image stabilizer. I'm happy because it also mentions multi-shot applications in the patent and I've been using multi-shot for 25 years.

https://uspto.gov/Victor Hasselblad AB Patent-11228713-Jan-18-2022

The patent above was filed in July, 2020 as a continuation of another patent filing from 2018. So, this appears to be a long term research and development project for them.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Balafre

Re: Hasselblad Granted Patent for Camera Sensor Image Stabilizer
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2022, 03:55:57 pm »

Agreed! It's so much more gratifying and simple to do as much as one can in-camera, rather than register layers on an external monitor. On the other hand, at least we haven't been robbed of this fully as callow software developers seem to negate the value of historic documents and practices, and owners or practitioners have to be especially vigilant to retain access to them.

TechTalk

Re: Hasselblad Granted Patent for Camera Sensor Image Stabilizer
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2022, 05:00:14 pm »

The past couple of years Hasselblad has been very busy filing new patents. Many of the patents for improvements in autofocus, viewfinder optics, and lens mechanics appear to be coming from engineers at DJI Japan who are working with Hasselblad. It's nice to have a parent company with a passion for research, development, and engineering... and the money to support it.

In Sweden, the image stabilization patent, which I linked in my earlier message, credits as inventor an engineer who has been working at Hasselblad since 1979. He went to work for Hasselblad shortly after getting his master's degree in engineering at Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg (Göteborg). Hasselblad has several employees that have been with them for over 30 years including their lead optical designer Per Nordlund.

Hasselblad's location has always been an asset due to having one of the world's best schools of engineering in its backyard. MIT compiled a list of the top engineering colleges and universities in the world a few years ago and Chalmers University of Technology in Gothenburg was among the top 10.
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future
Pages: [1]   Go Up