Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Epson Surecolor P800 Losing Connection - Need help  (Read 663 times)

JudyKonopka

Epson Surecolor P800 Losing Connection - Need help
« on: May 23, 2022, 09:38:44 am »

Hi,

I have an Epson Surecolor P800 that keeps losing the ethernet connection.  The first time it happened, I restarted the printer and deleted/re-installed the driver.  That took care of thing and I printed a few prints.  The next time I tried to print, I had the same thing happen - the printer couldn't be found.  I double-checked my ethernet cord and it is fine, my drivers are up to date. I tried to print from the WiFi connection and it gave me an error as well.  I am not sure where to go from here. Any suggestions?  ....thank you.

johnstra

Re: Epson Surecolor P800 Losing Connection - Need help
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2022, 06:30:03 am »

I would recommend that you first make sure that the ethernet cable or other ethernet fault is not to blame. Try a USB connection and see if that is the same. The reason I say this is because I had similar issues with the wireless connection of my P800 and the R3000 I owned previously. In both cases I had to abandon wireless.  So it is possible that there are two separate faults.

TheNinth

• The Ninth
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2022, 07:24:19 am »

Maybe the IP address of the printer is changing?

If you go to the printer properties, Ports and open the port there, you should see what IP address the driver expects the printer to be at. See the attached screenshot. Try to ping this address and see if the printer is still there. You can probably use the printers control panel to find out its current IP address. If a changed IP address is the issue, it may help to assign a fixed IP address to the printer in the DHCP configuration of your router, using the printers MAC address.

My website: www.the-ninth.com

degrub

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2022, 03:22:50 pm »

My HP laser printer goes to sleep after a while when not in use. My windows machines have no issue getting it to wake up and print. My wife’s macbook pro and others loose track of the printer. A power cycle fixes the issue. It’s not every time, but occasional. I think it is a mac issue.

If the cable spring retainers/locking tabs on the end are gone or weak, the plug can wiggle in the socket and interrupt the lan connection. When you lose the connection, check the port lights on either end of the cable to see if they still indicate a lan connection and link rate.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2022, 03:27:19 pm by degrub »
Pages: [1]   Go Up