Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Best way to export from Lightroom Classic to Instagram?  (Read 1943 times)

peterm10

Best way to export from Lightroom Classic to Instagram?
« on: March 26, 2022, 03:58:41 pm »

I'm still struggling with the most efficient way to export photos from LR Classic for upload to Instagram that also still retains sharpness in the files.  I'm shocked there aren't any tools to make this a one or two click process to send a perfectly downsized, sharp photo right to Instagram (I used to have a plugin but it no longer works with the current versions of the software).

Does anyone have a simple process or tool to do this?

I set up an export preset to a desktop folder with the following settings I got from shotkit.com, but I am wondering if there is a better way to do this to send files right to Instagram while keeping sharpness in the lower resolution files:

File format; JPEG
Color space: srgb
Quality: 100
Width: 2160px
Sharpen for screen, high

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Peter

john beardsworth

• My photography site
Re: Best way to export from Lightroom Classic to Instagram?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2022, 06:07:57 am »

I suggest you read this discussion about the best way to post from Classic LR to Instagram.

You can't do much about how IG processes the files, other than give it enough data to resample. Maybe you're suffering from it sharpening pictures which you already applied high sharpening, but that's just a guess.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2022, 09:07:53 am by john beardsworth »

peterm10

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2022, 07:47:45 pm »

Thanks - that helped! Per John Beardy's comments on that thread I made a print preset and that seems to work well.

ronaldnztan

• Ronald N. Z. Tan Photography
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2022, 11:41:34 pm »

In my experience and style of photography (mainly portraiture and fashion)...I always export as PNG and size EVERYTHING by Width = 1080 pixels.

For example: Portrait-orientation in Instagram will ALWAYS be 1080 x 1350 pixels. That is a 4::5 8::10 aspect ratio.

For landscapes and or panorama, the trendy way is to upload as a diptych or triptych panorama. This is where you slide up your images to 2 or 3 images each at 1080 x 1350. This is similar to how we display horizontal images double-trucked in our printed portfolios.

I'm still struggling with the most efficient way to export photos from LR Classic for upload to Instagram that also still retains sharpness in the files.  I'm shocked there aren't any tools to make this a one or two click process to send a perfectly downsized, sharp photo right to Instagram (I used to have a plugin but it no longer works with the current versions of the software).

Does anyone have a simple process or tool to do this?

I set up an export preset to a desktop folder with the following settings I got from shotkit.com, but I am wondering if there is a better way to do this to send files right to Instagram while keeping sharpness in the lower resolution files:

File format; JPEG
Color space: srgb
Sharpen for screen, high

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Peter

nemophoto

• Nemo Niemann Photography
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2022, 03:43:29 pm »

I used a great plugin that handled everything for me. You can download it from https://www.lrinstagram.com/ It handles all the parameters very well.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2022, 09:40:47 am »

Sharpen for screen, high
---

Why 100, why 2160, why high?

All superfluous.

Do: 75, 1080 (shorter side), normal

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2022, 05:04:30 pm »

I'm not a Lightroom user, but I think that it's now possible to upload to Instagram using a PC and browser. Is this correct and if so any tips or links that would help would be gratefully received.

TIA

Manoli

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2022, 08:03:19 pm »

I'm not a Lightroom user, but I think that it's now possible to upload to Instagram using a PC and browser. Is this correct and if so any tips or links that would help would be gratefully received.

Hi Keith, good to see you back.
Absolutely possible to view/upload from a browser.

1/ Create an account email/screen name/password.
2/ Login fm any browser
3/ At the top of the interface you'll see the following 'menu bar' (attached below)
4/ Click on the plus sign and you can browse or drag your photo / video for upload.

KLaban

• Keith Laban Photography
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2022, 03:51:02 am »

Hi Manoli, many thanks, much appreciated.

fdisilvestro

• Frank Disilvestro
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2022, 12:46:50 am »

Do: 75, 1080 (shorter side), normal

Much better choice

govindvkumar

• Passionate Nature and Wildlife Photographer
    • Photography Axis
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2022, 12:54:54 am »

Nature and Wildlife photographer.
Photography Tips and Tutorials @
https://www.photographyaxis.com

ibrahincomp

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2022, 01:58:16 pm »

If you have an iOS phone, you can do this. As far as I know, a share function lets you send Lightroom Classic edited photos anywhere, to messengers or Instagram. Also, these devices can save images to Files in different formats. For example, you can save a photo in HEIC. I can even send files to TikTok from there. Recently raised the views of my TikTok video pranks with SocialBoosting. Now all I can think about is TikTok. Did you know that people still love funny slideshows to music? This app makes it very easy to edit videos and put music on for free. Reels have already appeared on Instagram, but I believe it's not as interesting as the TikTok videos.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2022, 10:41:13 am by ibrahincomp »
Pages: [1]   Go Up