Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red River Big Bend Baryta on Epson p7570?  (Read 678 times)

samogitian

Red River Big Bend Baryta on Epson p7570?
« on: December 23, 2021, 07:40:00 pm »

Does anybody use the Red River Paper Big Bend Baryta 310 on the p7570?
If so, what settings do you use? There is a Baryta setting on the printer, but Red River suggests using "Premium Photo Paper Semigloss" (for all Epson printers) which isn't actually available on the list of papers in the printer. Any thoughts?

TSJ1927

Re: Red River Big Bend Baryta on Epson p7570?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2021, 10:54:36 pm »

Not fond of this paper. Just don't like its surface.

samogitian

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2021, 11:29:50 pm »

180 degrees the other direction, I love the surface. I’m looking at what my friends who are showing their work in top galleries and household name museums are using and it’s very similar to their papers. I may not stick with it now that I am on roll paper, but I may. If not, I’ll probably turn to Hahnemuehle Baryta FB 350 gsm.

I just printed out my first three prints in 24” glory, one from a Leica Q2, one from a Q2 Mono, and one from the GFX100S on a tripod. Each was phenomenal although the latter blew me away. I’m just a little regretful that I didn’t get a 9750, but honestly where would I put such a beast? Even this thing is massive.

Rand47

« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2021, 11:29:31 am »

Does an ybody use the Red River Paper Big Bend Baryta 310 on the p7570?
If so, what settings do you use? Th ere is a Baryta setting on the printer, but Red River suggests using "Premium Photo Paper Semigloss" (for all Epson printers) which isn't actually available on the list of papers in the printer. Any thoughts?

Are you not using the Epson Media Installer (EMI) to create a custom media type for this paper?

In EMI you just copy the appropriate Epson media type, then edit it (including how you want to name it) and register it to the printer (which also puts it in the driver as a paper type selection).  I use calipers to check “actual” paper gage, then use that number in the create custom media settings in EMI.  And you can navigate to the RR profile for this paper while creating the custom media, as well.  That way, on the LCD of the 7570 when you load paper, you just select the name you gave the RR paper right from the loading menu, and then select that same paper name that will now appear in the paper selection portion of your printer driver software.

If you’re not using EMI, you’re missing part of the brilliance of the 7570.

Additional note:   You mention that you don’t see Premium Semigloss in the printer menu.  In EMI there are MANY Epson papers listed, but not all are “registered” to the printer.  You can register / unregister papers in the printer from EMI.
Feel free to PM me if you’d like to discuss this further.  I could even provide a short screen capture video tutorial on creating custom media types in EMI for your 7570.
Rand
« Last Edit: December 24, 2021, 11:49:19 am by Rand47 »
Rand Scott Adams

samogitian

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2021, 01:01:04 pm »

Ah, ok, I didn't realize the media installer wrote to the printer. I installed the media after I set up the printer and hadn't bothered to look. Cool. Thanks.
Pages: [1]   Go Up