Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Eizo CE 240w Color Navigator Problems  (Read 59862 times)

jjlphoto

Eizo CE 240w Color Navigator Problems
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 09:22:59 pm »

Try to launch Color Navigator with no device attached as outlined in scenario No.2.

What happens?
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

frankiegee

« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 09:44:56 pm »

John,
Please bear with me. To my knowledge, I don't have the measurement device listed in the 'pull down' (where would it be?) because it's never been loaded onto the computer. I do have the device drivers loaded in Applications but when I click on the Optix icon, the window asking for the code appears and currently, I have to 'quit' the window. Am I missing something simple?

jjlphoto

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 10:04:33 pm »

Even though I only have the GMB i1 Pro device, my Colornavigator has a pull down with the following listed:

Eye One Monitor/Pro
ColorEdge CX-1/ Eye One dsisplay
Spyder 2
MonocoOptix XR DTP94

Step 1-
Launch ColorNavigator application. The first thing that comes up on the screen is a small box with the Colornavigator heading.

There is a line the reads: Select the measurement device.
The Pull Down is below that.  Next to it on the right edge of the window is two buttons, OK or Quit.

It is possible that this first box is turned off in the software version for your monitor, and it is set to sense and identify your device automatically right away, so it may be going right to the next box where it will read "failed to detect measurement device" if none is plugged in and there you can select "ignore" to fully launch the app withput any measurement device at all. Can you get to this point?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 10:06:54 pm by jjlphoto »
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

frankiegee

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 10:17:10 pm »

John,
I cannot get to this point. My  ColorNavigator is CE version 1.1.3; I get a welcome window that is grayed out with an active window on top that states 'failed to detect monitor; quit the software, reconnect the usb cable to the monitor and restart the software'. The underlying, grayed out window states ColorNavigator will calibrate brightness, white point and gamma of the monitor, and then generate its profile. Click Next to start calibration....this is the window I cannot access to get to the step where the pull down would list the device.

jjlphoto

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2007, 10:21:10 pm »

My monitor runs v4.xx, Yours seems to run a different version as you indicated. I guess I'm out of ideas.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 10:30:45 pm by jjlphoto »
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

frankiegee

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2007, 10:44:23 pm »

John,
I sincerely thank you for your time and efforts. In my ColorNavigator manual, the device drop down menu would appear after I clicked the 'Next' button on the grayed out screen, the window I can't access. If I can resolve this issue, I'll post. Thank you again.

pixel wrangler

• http://www.homepage.mac.com/fastpics
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 01:42:46 am »

Hey Frank, sorry to see your monitor is still being uncooperative.

For comparison I just connected my monitor and puck as if I was about to perform another calibration. Color navigator recognised the monitor and puck. In the USB window of "about this computer" the puck was shown connected to my keyboard, and the monitor to the high-speed bus on the front of my G5.

I'm running the same version of Color Navigator as you; it's from the disc that shipped with the monitor. I didn't even think to go online to check for an upgrade!

FYI, I've yet to install any of the software that came with my Eye-One Display 2 puck. Just removed the puck from the package and plugged it in.

This is becoming quite the puzzle. I want to think you've got a USB port or cable issue, but what appears in "about this computer" would refute that. And since you're able to open Color Navigator and get the no monitor detected message, that would indicate the software is more or less OK.

Again, keep us posted.

ron

jackbingham

• http://www.integrated-color.com
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2007, 08:42:40 am »

Frank, I will suggest again that you try ColorEyes Display. This will give you a quick second opinion about where the problem lies. The more support you have for your tech support call the better. I would be happy to send you a link to download the demo.
jack@integrated-color.com
Jack Bingham
Integrated Color Corp Maker

jjlphoto

« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2007, 10:05:29 am »

Going back to the computer's OS itself as a possible culprit, you could create another User Account with administrative priveledges and try it again. It's a long shot, but worth checking. Or if you already have an Admin Account already set up, and this is happening while logged in your User Account, log out, and try doing it logged in as Admin.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 10:06:16 am by jjlphoto »
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

jackbingham

« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2007, 01:18:37 pm »

I would go along with trying another user acct also. We freqeuntly see corrupt user acct problems.
Jack Bingham

frankiegee

« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2007, 01:45:29 pm »

Jack, Ron and John:
Thanks for your continuing support. Jack, I would appreciate the link for the download; do I have to fill in all the info such as shipping preferences for the download or is there a shortcut. I'm the only one using the computer; should I still set up another account? Thanks again guys; I just got back in from some errands and am home for the duration. I did activate the Optix XR Pro but with no change in ColorNavigator message.

jjlphoto

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2007, 02:01:25 pm »

Proper OS practice is to operate on an account that does not have admin priveledges, so if something gets corrupted, you can log onto the adnim account and see if things still work. If you wreck your main user account that is also your admin account, sometimes a complete OS re-install may be necessary if you haven't cloned you drive before the suspected corruption took place.

On my system, I am the only user, but I have two accounts set up. An Administrator Account, and my John Account (w/o admin priveledges). I use the computer for daily use when logged into my John Account, but do all my updates and mainatance logged into my Administrator Account. It's just a good practice to keep you daily use account isolated w/o admin priveledges so a corruption does not effect everything.
Thanks, John Luke

Member-ASMP

frankiegee

« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2007, 02:15:25 pm »

John,
Thank you once more for your help. I've learned quite a bit from you and the other kind people here.

frankiegee

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2007, 03:20:46 pm »

John,
If I create an additional account, can I access the files, pscs, desktop icons, etc. from the administrator's account? How would I access these? For an update to all who have so kindly helped with their advice and suggestions, I just got off the phone again with tech support. They are at a loss for a solution and I have two alternatives; I can investigate further the OS or send the monitor back to them to be checked with a ten business day turnaround. I knew the call wouldn't offer relief. I wonder if it is something simple with the Mac?

frankiegee

« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2007, 07:07:14 pm »

Hello again:
To John and Ron: I created a user account (with administrator privileges) and tried to launch ColorNavigator. Same result: "Initialization Error: Failed to Detect Monitor".
Jack, I went to your site; the download seems to be set-up as though one is buying the demo, even though the price is 0 money. It also asked for my shipping preferences, so I became confused. Do I complete the forms to proceed to download or is there a section to just download? I again express my gratitude to all for your consideration in supporting my dilemma.

jackbingham

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2007, 08:38:07 pm »

Frank, it is indeed setup as a purchase even though it is free. Select software download, no shipping and proceed to final checkout. The store will send you a download link.
Jack Bingham

frankiegee

« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2007, 08:49:17 pm »

Jack,
Thank you. As an aside, I noticed that the ColorNavigator upgrade I downloaded from the website was listed at 8MB. In my Downloads folder on my desktop, it's listed at 8MB. But the installed version on my computer list the size at 23MB. Is this normal, or is something wrong? Thanks again. I will download the demo.

frankiegee

« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2007, 09:05:19 pm »

Jack,
I downloaded the demo. It opened up without any problems; I clicked on the 'Guided Tour' and read the topic headings. I didn't click to begin the profile. Does this tell me the problem is definitely in the ColorNavigator software and not the computer? Additionally, the download registered at 50MB but the installed version is listed at 151MB, so I guess the size discrepancy is normal?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 09:08:32 pm by frankiegee »

jackbingham

« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2007, 09:25:49 pm »

Quote from: frankiegee,Jan 10 2007, 02:05 AM
Jack,
I downloaded the demo. It opened up without any problems; I clicked on the 'Guided Tour' and read the topic headings.

The real question is can you select your sensor under calibration sensor and under monitor settings can you select the eizo, click on  use digital controls and have them both show up as active. If they do you're in business.
If not, let me know what happens.
Jack Bingham

frankiegee

« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2007, 09:44:16 pm »

Jack,
I did what you directed: the Optix XR was selected and is "Active"; when I clicked on the Eizo, it stated "Eizo initialization failed" giving the same message as the ColorNavigator. This is really puzzling. Any thoughts? Thank you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up