Raw & Post Processing, Printing > Digital Image Processing

How to use Pixel Genius Sharpener in Photoshop 2022? (Mac OS Big Sur, 11.6)

(1/3) > >>

tsinsf:
I have been happily using the beloved Pixel Genius sharpener in Photoshop 2021 by manually placing the PG Toolbox Plug-in Module in Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2021/Plug-ins. After updating to Photoshop 2022, I redownloaded the PG Toolbox Plugin using Safari and placed it in Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2022/Plug-ins, but when I attempt to use it I get a message "Photokit Sharpener 2.Plugin" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. Right clicking on the Plug-in does not give an option to Open, only to Open in new tab. I googled the problem, but all the solutions are old and none of them work. Can anybody help me. Thanks!

Chris Kern:

--- Quote from: tsinsf on November 20, 2021, 06:44:30 pm ---After updating to Photoshop 2022, I redownloaded the PG Toolbox Plugin using Safari and placed it in Applications/Adobe Photoshop 2022/Plug-ins, but when I attempt to use it I get a message "Photokit Sharpener 2.Plugin" cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified. . . .

--- End quote ---

Theoretically it is possible to work around the developer authentication requirement, although I don't recommend it, but my understanding is that the PixelGenius sharpening algorithms were incorporated into Lightroom (at least the desktop version) some time ago.  So if you're running a current rev of Lightroom, you should have access to the same functionality there.  If you really must use the obsolete plug-in, you might try contacting Jeff Schewe or Andrew Rodney directly and see if one of them can offer you any guidance.

tsinsf:
Yes, but the same functionality is quite different than the same thing. Is there something wrong with using an obsolete plug-in?

digitaldog:
It's outlined on the PG site (which is still up). Anyway:
Use Terminal and copy/paste this:
sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine
Be sure to add a space after the e of ‘quarantine’
Then drag & drop the plug-in onto Terminal…the first plug-in requires you enter your password. The other plug-ins don’t.
Repeat the copy paste and drag & drop for each of the 7 plug-ins-even the oddball plug-ins like Toolbox & Previewer
You’ll have to quit and relaunch Photoshop…

hubell:

--- Quote from: digitaldog on November 20, 2021, 08:35:56 pm ---It's outlined on the PG site (which is still up). Anyway:
Use Terminal and copy/paste this:
sudo xattr -dr com.apple.quarantine
Be sure to add a space after the e of ‘quarantine’
Then drag & drop the plug-in onto Terminal…the first plug-in requires you enter your password. The other plug-ins don’t.
Repeat the copy paste and drag & drop for each of the 7 plug-ins-even the oddball plug-ins like Toolbox & Previewer
You’ll have to quit and relaunch Photoshop…

--- End quote ---

Thanks, but after I enter the command line and drag the plug-in over to the terminal window, the word password shows up with a key symbol. However, when I try to enter the password  for the administrator, nothing registers as I type in the password and when I hit enter, nothing happens.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version