Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: SCSI to USB for Nikon Coolscan III (LS-30)  (Read 1161 times)

SebastianOakley

SCSI to USB for Nikon Coolscan III (LS-30)
« on: November 03, 2021, 08:05:25 am »

This is a long shot,

I recently saw a deal I could not pass up with a Nikon CoolScan III AKA Ls-30 - working with all the original cables etc.

However, I have run into a problem, whilst this was a very cheap deal, I can't find a SCSI to USB adapter anywhere.

This is a message to see if anyone on here might have one, preferably based in the UK or US that might let me take one of their hands (willing to pay)

if you might have one or know where one could be bought pleasure let me know!

Cheers,

Seb

Joe Towner

Re: SCSI to USB for Nikon Coolscan III (LS-30)
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2021, 02:00:04 pm »

Honestly, find a computer recycle place and pick up an older machine that'll take the right PCI card. You'll want to setup a machine that's just used with the scanner - the smaller the better.  Older OS software & drivers & never connect it to the internet.

Evidently they stopped making USB-SCSI stuff back in 2005'ish - so what ever you do, get a spare or two if you have the chance.

Ebay links:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/144252956258?hash=item2196256e62:g:3sAAAOSwj11g~WiS
https://www.ebay.com/itm/324858183272?hash=item4ba30e7e68:g:K2YAAOSw7kdgHlWf

t: @PNWMF

Gurtch

Re: SCSI to USB for Nikon Coolscan III (LS-30)
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2021, 05:15:15 pm »

I had a similar issue about 6 or 7 years ago with a used, mint Nikon medium format Coolscan. I had my repair guy install a new firewire boad and the scanner would not work. I found out that Nikon included a firewire board with the scanner, and the scanner was fussy as to whose firewire board it would work with. A forum member offered to give me the original firewire board since he no longer had his scanner. I installed his board, but still had the issue of the scanner driver/ software. That same member suggested Vuescan. I can attest the Vuescan software works beautifully. As a bonus, it also drives my Epson flatbed better than the Epson software, and you need only learn one interface. I also tried a SCSI to firewire adapter, that also did not work. Good luck.
Dave in NJ
Pages: [1]   Go Up