Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: buying epson or Canon Printer  (Read 3327 times)

Dan Wells

Re: buying epson or Canon Printer
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2021, 04:26:40 pm »

I'm not at all sure if this is still true with the current models (the P900 I've got in for review has not clogged at all, and I've never used a P5000), but the smaller Epsons used to have a better reputation in regard to clogs than the 4800/ 4880 series.

The P5000 is also huge (115 lbs) - may or may not be a drawback, depending on where you're planning to put it.

It has the oldest head of any current Epson photo printer - both the P7570/P9570 series and the P700/P900 series are newer and use heads that are (different) evolutions from it.

Just some things to consider - the P5000 is a great fit for some applications - it has BY FAR the most robust multi-sheet feed of any photo printer.

raminolta

« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2021, 06:09:48 pm »

I have a Canon Pro-2100 now and an ipf6400 before. One thing I know is that I may not use these printers for months without worrying much about getting a problem with the print head. Actually with ipf6400, once I left the printer unused for more than six months. I even turned it off for 4 months or so in the meanwhile. The printer eventually got back to work after turning it back on. It first gave a printhead error message asking to replace it. However, the problem turned out to be due to something else. One of the ink cartridges ran out of ink. Once I replaced that cartridge, the printer did its normal cycling and after 10minutes or so, it was back to work and the error message was gone.

I have never used an Epson printer. From the reports I read online, I don't dare buying them since I know I am never going to be a regular printer user meaning I may very well run into problems with them. PS: I know the Epson printers vary and some are more tolerant than others if  not being used for a while. I still trust Canon printers over any Epson printer on this matter.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2021, 07:14:51 pm by raminolta »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2021, 06:23:46 pm »

Which I have never used an Epson printer, from thew reports I read online, I don't dare to buy them since I know I am never going to be a regular printer user so I may very well run into problems with them if I don't use them for a long time.
Nope, "All generalizations are false, including this one." -Mark Twain
I can go many months without ever turning on or using either my 3880 or P900 without any issues whatsoever.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

Les Sparks

• http://www.ncsparks.com
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2021, 06:09:28 pm »

I've had my 3880 forever and never had any serous problems. I often go several weeks without printing. I do a nozzle check when I'm ready to print and might have to do a single head cleaning run. Worst case was 3 head cleaning. Love the printer
Les
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up