Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Canon printer drivers (Pro-2000) integrity when changing platforms  (Read 292 times)

jeyell

Moving back to a Mac from PC and i'm thinking about how transferrable my icc paper calibration profiles are when moving from PC to Mac. I calibrate all my paper, generating an icc profile that i embed into a custom paper profile which is stored in Canon's Media Configuration tool. It is all very neat and tidy. Downloading and running MCT for apple downloads those same paper profiles from the printer and they show my icc profiles correctly on my Mac.

Q. Do these profiles on Mac maintain profile integrity that I built on PC?

I understand they will work, but given they were generated through a PC pipeline using Canon's XPS drivers (as recommended), will they generate a properly adjusted colour space when printing on the same customer paper type through an apple pipeline using Canon's apple print drivers?

Canon told me they will work correctly, but I'm somewhat skeptical. However knowing integrity is maintained cross platform would save days of calibration and expensive use of ink and paper.

Thanks.

Lessbones

Re: Canon printer drivers (Pro-2000) integrity when changing platforms
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 07:56:41 pm »

If you check the end of the thread in the Color Management forum about two pro-6000s not matching (https://forum.luminous-landscape.com/index.php?topic=138846.0) you'll find that someone posted a color chart in LAB that you could use to verify the consistency of the drivers between the two platforms THROUGH the profiles you have already made.

Although you could also verify using any color profiling chart, printed without color management, that the two systems are equivalent (or not) in terms of driver performance, by printing through your already created profile, you can also check that the CMMs in the pipeline are performing equivalently as well.

ColourPhil

• Colour Management by Phil Cruse
Re: Canon printer drivers (Pro-2000) integrity when changing platforms
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2021, 03:31:19 am »

On a Mac you MUST ensure that you are NOT using the Apple Airprint driver!
This applies whether or not you are printing through wireless:

https://www.colourphil.co.uk/printing-mac_colour_problems.shtml

Phil
Pages: [1]   Go Up