Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: HP Z3200ps fuzzy banding after star wheel motor replacement  (Read 1337 times)

plasakow

Re: HP Z3200ps fuzzy banding after star wheel motor replacement
« Reply #20 on: December 21, 2021, 02:33:41 pm »

Have you tried contacting Bob or Tim Wert at LPS computers? They've seen everything and are really good at knowing what it might be causing it and what it definitely not.

Kelly2017

« Reply #21 on: December 21, 2021, 11:47:14 pm »

Thanks for your input.  I reviewed Bob Wert's videos and they pointed to the ink tube assembly.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #22 on: December 22, 2021, 05:17:57 am »

I would try to print some more - it might go away. Printers need to be used to perform.
I still don't understand what you mean with fuzzy banding - the photo was not clear to me.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Kelly2017

« Reply #23 on: December 22, 2021, 01:36:13 pm »

Hello Pieter, thanks for taking interest on my post.

I got my tripod out and mounted my camera with a Nikkor Micro lens to get a more detail picture of the “fuzzy banding”.  As shown in the attached photo, the fuzzy band is about 15mm in width.  It occurs across the page and it repeats itself about every 8cm.

I have made over 20 test prints and the fuzzy banding remains.

Below is a brief history of events that leads to where I am today.

1.   The fuzzy banding occurred in August after replacing the star wheel motor.

2.   Since then, I have been making test prints weekly until I got a message that the left spittoon was full in November.  Although the fuzzy banding never went away.

3.   Replaced the left spittoon and carriage belt, also re-installed the original star wheel motor gears.

4.   Got the “Gloss Enhancer ink cartridge needs replacement” message during start up after the repair.

5.   Replaced the Gloss Enhancer ink cartridge with a new one, but then I got the "E-G printhead needs replacement" message.

6.   Replaced the E-G printhead three times with new printheads, but still got the same error message.  Then I noticed dark color ink leaking all over the place.  Here is where I stopped and asked for help.

Regards,
Kelly

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2021, 03:54:47 pm »

I guess you also replaced / cleaned the right splittoon  before? that is were 90% of the unused ink goes. if it is full you get lots of trouble with keeping the printer/printheads clean
The ink leakage would me my first interest, but has nothing to do with the fuzzy banding; seems to be some hickup in the movement of the paper.

2007 is 14 years- i have a z3100 from that time and also is starting to make problems... various little ones that come and go.

i would not spend money on it, but look at it as a project;

run it with the covers of to see what happens. Try to repair it and at some point say - it is enough...
you can probably buy a working second hand for little money- - i have two in my home ( bit too much) both hardly used.

you got the manual to do the testing? must say that sometimes the tests are not to be trusted either... but they can help.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Kelly2017

« Reply #25 on: December 22, 2021, 04:46:13 pm »

Yes, I have replaced the service station on the right hand side about a year ago.

Please elaborate "running it with the covers off"?  What covers are you referring?   

Going after a used Z3200 as you suggested is a good alternative as I really like the print quality when it works.  However, I rarely seen any for sale in my area (Phoenix, Arizona USA), but I will keep my eyes open going forward.

Thanks for your fast response.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #26 on: December 22, 2021, 05:48:35 pm »

I mean with the left and right covers off so you can see more what happens while printing...

good luck...
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

Kelly2017

« Reply #27 on: December 22, 2021, 10:59:57 pm »

Understood.  Thanks.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up