Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 Mac OS  (Read 2679 times)

gfsymon

Re: Z3200 Mac OS
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2021, 05:36:36 pm »

Thank you sir for encouraging me to continue trying to make this work. Otherwise I would be using two computers for one printer.

😊

Glad to be of help John.

I've been updating the software for my z3100 every time it's been offered, for years.  I've only really had an issue once, but I do have that old Mac in my back pocket, just in case.  In terms of HP and Apple... they struck an agreement a few years ago concerning drivers and it's been reassuring throughout that time.  OTOH, the HP website is and always has been a mess.  Yes it's a massive site, so a lot to organise, but all the same... it is their shopfront after all.  Just the fact that you and I were both very confused by their site, really says it all.

So you're on the 53 driver now.  Out of interest, have you checked  'About HP Designjet Utility'  to see which vs is running?  (Curious if it was upgraded with the 53 driver install).

deanwork

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2021, 06:25:43 pm »

So you think they bundled the utility into the universal driver? I don’t know I’ll check. I did delete everything before I started installing the raster 53,  and then reinstalled the old utility before restarting the z.

Where do you go to check the version of the utility that is actually being used?

You could be right in the idea that they put the driver, utility, and firmware in one package. The whole thing has confused me in the way they changed it all. I did hear something in the realm of them wanting one software package that would work for all of the Zs.

I’m not going  to touch my windows 10 machine. It’s all set up normally and I keep it off line as a backup. But I’m 99% a Mac guy.

😊

Glad to be of help John.

I've been updating the software for my z3100 every time it's been offered, for years.  I've only really had an issue once, but I do have that old Mac in my back pocket, just in case.  In terms of HP and Apple... they struck an agreement a few years ago concerning drivers and it's been reassuring throughout that time.  OTOH, the HP website is and always has been a mess.  Yes it's a massive site, so a lot to organise, but all the same... it is their shopfront after all.  Just the fact that you and I were both very confused by their site, really says it all.

So you're on the 53 driver now.  Out of interest, have you checked  'About HP Designjet Utility'  to see which vs is running?  (Curious if it was upgraded with the 53 driver install).

Ernst Dinkla

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2021, 06:15:41 am »

I just bought this and it’s the Mac M1 chip with 16 gigs ram, the max. But it runs like it’s 64 gigs of ram, really remarkable with Photoshop and it has a stellar integrated graphics card. It makes my display look a lot better than my old graphics card on the old macs. I’m going to buy another one.

Actually the Mini seems to run smoother and faster with the Z than my old Macs.

It's nice to see the ARM CPU core(s) reappear on the desktop (and in servers) and being appreciated by the users.  More than thirty years ago my Acorn Archimedes and later on Risc PC, both running a version of Risc Os, had the first versions of the ARM architecture CPUs. The StrongArm as an upgrade. There were some innovative things done in Cambridge UK, both in hardware and software. Still have the two machines here after a working life of 10 years stil functioning today if I start them up (seldom). Collector's items.  Of course the parallel CPU use, the 5Nm ASML machines that made the CPUs and way more contributed to this new market for the ARM cores but the potential was always there IMHO. Intel could have done this as well when they purchased Digital's StrongARM version and an ARM Ltd license.  Mobile phone and automotive processors did not get their full attention or they thought they could do it their own way in that market which did not deliver in the end. Hope to see a Windows or Linux machine with ARM cores soon, just to close the circle.

gfsymon

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2021, 06:43:28 am »

Where do you go to check the version of the utility that is actually being used?

In the Mac's Menu Bar ... it's always the Apple logo-menu first, then the app's menus.  The first app menu is always the name of the app and the first item in that menu is always About, e.g. "About HP Designjet Utility".  This is where you'll find version/build number and any other info the developer/publisher wants to convey.

deanwork

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2021, 10:58:57 am »

Printer Utility Version 1.2.1

In the Mac's Menu Bar ... it's always the Apple logo-menu first, then the app's menus.  The first app menu is always the name of the app and the first item in that menu is always About, e.g. "About HP Designjet Utility".  This is where you'll find version/build number and any other info the developer/publisher wants to convey.

gfsymon

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2021, 01:22:39 pm »

Printer Utility Version 1.2.1

Ah.. OK.

I had it in my head that it was 1.2.7 that had been installed, but it was obviously 1.2.1

So, yes.. it was installed by the 53 Raster install (or at least upgraded).

deanwork

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2021, 01:46:58 pm »

Yea, it’s the “universal “ utility all right. I just noticed there are now profiles loaded for just about every large printer hp makes. I’ve even got the T series t-shirt profiles on there.

After I installed the raster driver I installed an older utility, but apparently the driver is written to ignore it and favor the new one.

Ah.. OK.

I had it in my head that it was 1.2.7 that had been installed, but it was obviously 1.2.1

So, yes.. it was installed by the 53 Raster install (or at least upgraded).

gfsymon

« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2021, 04:06:31 pm »

Yea, it’s the “universal “ utility all right. I just noticed there are now profiles loaded for just about every large printer hp makes. I’ve even got the T series t-shirt profiles on there.

After I installed the raster driver I installed an older utility, but apparently the driver is written to ignore it and favor the new one.

Thanks John.

kuau

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2021, 05:36:52 pm »

John,
OK So i somehow got the driver to work with the HP Utility, the utility will successfully do a calibrate paper, yet if I try to create a ICC profile it gives me an error message.. Which version of the HP Utility are you running ?

deanwork

« Reply #29 on: May 03, 2021, 09:04:26 am »

I just checked and the same thing here. I can calibrate from the Mac but receive error when trying to make an icc profile.

My driver is raster ( universal )  version 53, and the utility being shown in systems  under the Apple is showing 1.2.1.  Whatever utility is being accessed it came apparently in the driver package because that’s where all these various  HP printer profiles for other printers came from.

I have a PS printer so I guess I can try installing the PS universal driver next.

I’m not really worried about it because I have another Mac and a pc that I can make the profiles with.

I’m just glad I can print so easily with it now.

John

John,
OK So i somehow got the driver to work with the HP Utility, the utility will successfully do a calibrate paper, yet if I try to create a ICC profile it gives me an error message.. Which version of the HP Utility are you running ?
« Last Edit: May 03, 2021, 04:16:04 pm by deanwork »

glyph

• Ron H.
    • Glyph Art Studio
« Reply #30 on: May 05, 2021, 04:07:41 pm »

I've had this issue since Catalina was released. Everything works for me except creating new profiles, which always fail.

kers

• Pieter Kers
« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2021, 08:13:23 pm »

I've had this issue since Catalina was released. Everything works for me except creating new profiles, which always fail.

Maybe something to do with increased macosx security; Apple introduced a new layer in Catalina.
However on Mojave i can only make standard profiles.

the part 'kleurmeting'  ( =  color measurement ) does not work ; HP utility will crash whatever choice you make in Color measurement.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up