Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 Constant 86:10 Errors - Encoder Strip is OK - How to Clean Sensor?  (Read 264 times)

plasakow

My Z3200 builds up a thin, even film of ink all over the inside which makes me (among other things) constantly wipe off the Encoder Strip.  LPS, for what it's worth, says it's a static thing that makes the buildup. I have an identical Z3000 2 feet away which doesn't make the film of ink inside, but who knows?

Now, even with the Encoder Strip freshly cleaned I'm still getting 86:10.  The strip is okay- I swapped it with the other's and the problem stays with the printer. 

I figure it's the strip sensor that needs cleaning. Anyone know how to get at it?

Thanks.

Ernst Dinkla

My Z3200 builds up a thin, even film of ink all over the inside which makes me (among other things) constantly wipe off the Encoder Strip.  LPS, for what it's worth, says it's a static thing that makes the buildup. I have an identical Z3000 2 feet away which doesn't make the film of ink inside, but who knows?

Now, even with the Encoder Strip freshly cleaned I'm still getting 86:10.  The strip is okay- I swapped it with the other's and the problem stays with the printer. 

I figure it's the strip sensor that needs cleaning. Anyone know how to get at it?

Thanks.

A good idea to clean the sensor too I think but as a last step. Normally there should no ink reaching the Encoder Strip and static electricity might be involved but only adding to other issues. There are no heads leaking sideways near the head slot contacts?  Another thing; there is a small vertical wiper in the maintenance station just before the droplet checker window that should wipe ink/dirt off at the rear of the heads/head carriage. Wonder if that one is functioning properly. Cleaning the maintenance station in general might help as well.

Met vriendelijke groet, Ernst Dinkla

https://www.pigment-print.com/spectralplots/spectrumviz_1.htm

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." H. L. Mencken

Pages: [1]   Go Up