Equipment & Techniques > Medium Format / Film / Digital Backs – and Large Sensor Photography

Fuji GFX 100S - took delivery from my local dealer yesterday, 3-20-2021!

(1/3) > >>

Lust4Life:
Purchased the GFX 50S when it was first released and have used it extensively, very pleased with it in my landscape work.
Previously used Hasselblad H series up trough the H5D 50 WiFi.  I did purchase the GFX 100 when it came out but was not comfortable
with it's setup or weight, I now have limits on just what I can carry.

When I first reviewed the specs on the 100S, looked like I'd be willing to give up my tilt EVF and after playing with the 100S and setting it up,
first impressions are great.

Spent today setting it up - will be running my tests on it over the next couple of day.
One thing I learned is that the proc engine drops the RAW file to 14 bits from 16 anytime Continuous shooting is selected - say Exposure Bracket, etc.
I confirmed this with test this afternoon using RAW Digger.

Anyone else get theirs?  First impressions?

Jack
https://seekingtobefound.com

Lust4Life:
Pixel Shift - produces file of 16 exposures of 16 bits, each 120 MB.
Using Fuji Pixel Shift software produced one DNG file of 1.47 GB, RAW Digger could not read to tell me the bits deep.  I find no User switch to force it to gen even a 14 bit out of Pixel Shift.
Imported DNG into PS, it's only shown as an 8 bit file but is it beautiful!
Dimensions are 77.65 wide x 58.24 high.

Anyone know of an alternative software program to give more input from the user?

Impressions: 
Beautiful image on my 4K monitor even though it's just 8 bits.
Would be great for interior design scenes.
In landscape shots, tried a few but EVEN THE SLIGHTEST BREEZE produces artifacts.
Wondering about cityscape architecture shots - will try to get into Raleigh in the next weekend or two. 

-----
Focus Bracketing - RAW files are 14 bits.
     Auto mode works great once you figure out the way to setup the near and far anchors.

That's it for todays thoughts.
jb

ErikKaffehr:

--- Quote from: Lust4Life on March 21, 2021, 08:19:06 pm ---Purchased the GFX 50S when it was first released and have used it extensively, very pleased with it in my landscape work.
Previously used Hasselblad H series up trough the H5D 50 WiFi.  I did purchase the GFX 100 when it came out but was not comfortable
with it's setup or weight, I now have limits on just what I can carry.

When I first reviewed the specs on the 100S, looked like I'd be willing to give up my tilt EVF and after playing with the 100S and setting it up,
first impressions are great.

Spent today setting it up - will be running my tests on it over the next couple of day.
One thing I learned is that the proc engine drops the RAW file to 14 bits from 16 anytime Continuous shooting is selected - say Exposure Bracket, etc.
I confirmed this with test this afternoon using RAW Digger.

Anyone else get theirs?  First impressions?

Jack

--- End quote ---

Nice to see you around!

Best regards
Erik

Lust4Life:
Greetings My Friend!

Still able to get vertical each morning - hope you are doing well!

I purchased the GFX 100S about 6 weeks ago.  Everything I did not  like about its predecessor is gone in my mind and my eye.  I'm really enjoying the S!  Grab one and give it a try.

I am doing a lot of experimenting with the Pixel Shift feature.
If I had time, I'd develop a dramatically better and more intelligent software app to improve it's results, but too busy deciding on how to
market my just published book.

Site is not fully done, but gives you an idea of what I have focused on during this period in our lives.

Best,
Jack

Not one complaint so far

degrub:
Stunning shots in your book shown on the website.
i think you have a typo on "Breath of Angles...." caption ? Did you mean "Angels" ?

Frank

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version