Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Z3200 - Replaced Print Mech Board & Hard Drive - Now no way to set roll length  (Read 1090 times)

kers

• Pieter Kers

Most recent firmware is TR12-RB_16_00_00-1. There's separate files for A and B models, but they're named the same. 
Go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-designjet-z3200-photo-printer-series/ for the file.  Note: use a Windows box to do that; it hides some files from Mac browsers, at least in my experience.   
I also think you need a Windows platform to install new firmware- again in my experience.
It is a bit weird: Indeed I need to have a windows machine to actually see the firmware and download it ; it is an .exe file that just needs to be unzipped.
After that it is the same firmware - platfom independent - as you can expect, for it is for the printer that can be used on both platforms.
Cannot understand why they just don't put a zip file for both mac and windows on their site...
Anyway- i installed it without any problem using the HP-utility on my mac . Thanks.

Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

RaffiCoffee

I would start with printing colorbars with the colors of the printheads with problems...
Use cheap paper, gloss (PK -GE) or matte (MK) ... what is needed.
Do that every day for some days and try one cleaning in between...
Keep the printer on.
Here are the colors you need for a z3100- so the red is a bit off...

Yes, I have been printing, sadly, I had some plain 36" roll, but now on the glossy instant dry, and ate up about 15ft of it doing the printing of color calibration charts. Thanks for this specific color chart to get the inks flowing. I will keep printing.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 12:15:03 am by RaffiCoffee »
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up