Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: FS: (RARE) Phase one IQ150 (CONTAX MOUNT)  (Read 4141 times)

simonlyphotography

FS: (RARE) Phase one IQ150 (CONTAX MOUNT)
« on: February 01, 2021, 02:38:43 pm »

Hey friends,

I have up for sale a very rare pristine condition Phase one IQ150, Contax Mount. This was the last "High tech" Digital back ever created for the Contax 645
it features touch screen menu's + a lowlight CMOS sensor that will allow you to photograph at a higher ISO resulting in beautiful and stunning images.

This item was purchased from Digital Transitions back in 2018, from Michelle in New York, she will more than happy, and able
to verify the condition and actuations of the camera. Photo Below, (Not a great photo, but will take more photos this week)

This is just for the digital back in immaculate condition. Less than 5000 Actuations and comes with the full kit & box.

I'm asking 12,500 USD for the digital back - (It's a nice camera, I know. Serious Inquiries, only please. Best offers are always welcomed) 
Due to the nature and value of the item, transaction will be via wire or done in person.

(Price modified to $9000 USD FIRM, MUST BE PICKED UP IN PERSON, WIRE, BTC OR CASH ONLY)
« Last Edit: March 19, 2021, 01:48:44 pm by simonlyphotography »

simonlyphotography

Re: FS: (RARE) Phase one IQ150 (CONTAX MOUNT)
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 01:24:02 pm »

Wheres all the people that ask for the Contax Mount Phase one backs?
It's finally up for sale, you guys sleeping on this once in a lifetime opportunity?

Mexecutioner

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 06:55:29 pm »

From what I have seen, most are looking for non-cropped MF sensors. Also many may choose to get an IQ3100 with an XF body and a lens and still have some money left for a nice bottle of scotch, or use that money towards an IQ4150 trade-in, or a GFX100S with 4 lenses.

No offense, as uncommon as that mount is, even after you lowered the price, I wouldn't expect people fighting over it.

GLWS!

simonlyphotography

« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2021, 08:05:50 pm »

From what I have seen, most are looking for non-cropped MF sensors. Also many may choose to get an IQ3100 with an XF body and a lens and still have some money left for a nice bottle of scotch, or use that money towards an IQ4150 trade-in, or a GFX100S with 4 lenses.

No offense, as uncommon as that mount is, even after you lowered the price, I wouldn't expect people fighting over it.

GLWS!

Appreciate the feedback brother, I think they're all good points to add, but I feel that the contax 645 serves a different
role compared to all the other cameras, and it's really hard to justify which is better overall, except the fact that I have a rare mount
and this is a discontinued item. With that being said, definitely no good offers will be rejected.

Mexecutioner

« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2021, 10:58:37 pm »

I hope it finds a good home and makes the new owner happy. I know the people that shoot the Contax are in love with it. I never have used one though. Have a good weekend!

drevil

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2021, 10:55:18 pm »

Wheres all the people that ask for the Contax Mount Phase one backs?
It's finally up for sale, you guys sleeping on this once in a lifetime opportunity?

sorry to take off your pink glasses, but you do realize that there has been a "mf" revolution in 2017 with fujifilm's gfx cameras? and now hasselblad with selling cameras with the same sensor for around 5000$ and less.
in my humble opionion you can be glad if you can still get 6000$ for the back.
i recently bought a p65+. c645 mount, with two dings on it for roughly 4000$, and i was very generous towards the previous owner.

i am not trying to offend you but that price you are looking for, is just way beyond realistic.

simonlyphotography

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 03:25:21 pm »

sorry to take off your pink glasses, but you do realize that there has been a "mf" revolution in 2017 with fujifilm's gfx cameras? and now hasselblad with selling cameras with the same sensor for around 5000$ and less.
in my humble opionion you can be glad if you can still get 6000$ for the back.
i recently bought a p65+. c645 mount, with two dings on it for roughly 4000$, and i was very generous towards the previous owner.

i am not trying to offend you but that price you are looking for, is just way beyond realistic.

Thanks for the feedback, and none taken. But the info you've provided seems a bit off. I've never seen a P65+ contax mount go for $4000 and no offense, if the owner actually put it up for 6000 or 7000, it would get snatched up pretty quick since Contax Mount Digital backs dont go for sale often. Heck, I even sold my previous P65+ mamiya full kit for 9000 right here on this forum before upgrading the IQ150.

With that being said, you're comparing a IQ150 back which makes your obsolete Contax 645 into something useful vs a GFX. 

You're also comparing a Rare Charizard pokemon card to some basic pokemon card. I mean Contax T3's are pretty obsolete but kendall jenner seemed to raise the price of it up to 2-3k.

It's pretty difficult to predict prices, but any serious buyer who want to own a gem, is more than welcomed to throw a serious offer.

simonlyphotography

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2021, 01:18:56 pm »

Pushing this to the top. Before putting it on Ebay. Price has been modified and firm on price
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 04:20:27 pm by simonlyphotography »

maddogmurph

• Maddog's Photography
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2021, 04:36:09 pm »

Good luck Simon. This time last year I nearly purchased (and should have purchased) an IQ3 100 for $16k. I'm in the market for medium format still, but I wouldn't purchase your listing over the GFX-100. The dynamic range of your back is essentially old technology now, however still an excellent back at the right price point I suppose.

I'm still trying to decide whether to go IQ3/IQ4, H6D, or GFX100. The trade offs that are important to me are dynamic range, but when I can bracket and blend, I'm essentially paying $20k for something I can do in two shots. Plus I keep thinking as soon as I buy something, Fuji will release their next edition. Or maybe Sony enters the MF game or Nikon. I'm looking/waiting for something that hits that IQ4 dynamic range without costing $50k+
Maddog Murph
www.depictionsofbeauty.com
Mostly here for constructive feedback.

simonlyphotography

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2021, 05:36:42 pm »

Good luck Simon. This time last year I nearly purchased (and should have purchased) an IQ3 100 for $16k. I'm in the market for medium format still, but I wouldn't purchase your listing over the GFX-100. The dynamic range of your back is essentially old technology now, however still an excellent back at the right price point I suppose.

I'm still trying to decide whether to go IQ3/IQ4, H6D, or GFX100. The trade offs that are important to me are dynamic range, but when I can bracket and blend, I'm essentially paying $20k for something I can do in two shots. Plus I keep thinking as soon as I buy something, Fuji will release their next edition. Or maybe Sony enters the MF game or Nikon. I'm looking/waiting for something that hits that IQ4 dynamic range without costing $50k+

Hey Brother, Best of luck on your quest for that, You certainly have a few good choices.
I do believe that each system has their own unique advantages. I'm actually not too married to the Fuji for Medium Format
unfortunately so I cant recommend that for you.

Like I mentioned above, if you own a contax 645, this is basically the last model digital back ever made for the contax645.
This is definitely one of those items where it's a rare collectors item, while still affording a use for Contax users today.

You make good points but you definitely cannot compare a product that's still currently being made on the production line VS a item that is
forever discontinued. They will never make a digital back like this again for the Contax Mount. But the camera you are searching for is available
at your nearest camera store.

I'm just not putting it to good use as much as I thought I would when I purchased it.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2021, 05:49:30 pm by simonlyphotography »

nikesteam

« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2021, 03:37:33 am »

Hi Simon. I think everyone here has pretty much said everything that needs to be said. I personally have been on the hunt for an IQ180 for a VERY long time (Dr. Evil can attest to that... hahahah).

I'm actually in talks with someone now who is selling an IQ2 series, full frame back, but at a much more reasonable price point, so I hope that gives you an idea of what people are expecting to spend for one of these. I also saw a 180 sell on ebay last year for 8.8K. This is a tough sell, because I think that the people who are looking for DBs for their Contax bodies are probably more interested in buying a full-frame back if they are going to invest in a 'dead' system, and me personally, I wouldn't spend 5 figures on CMOS back.. even after looking for almost 3 or so years now.

HOWEVER... I know that DT, and the like are very hungry for Contax mount DBs, and may be able to entice you with an offer!

Either way, GLWS!

simonlyphotography

« Reply #11 on: February 22, 2021, 12:02:26 am »

Hi Simon. I think everyone here has pretty much said everything that needs to be said. I personally have been on the hunt for an IQ180 for a VERY long time (Dr. Evil can attest to that... hahahah).

I'm actually in talks with someone now who is selling an IQ2 series, full frame back, but at a much more reasonable price point, so I hope that gives you an idea of what people are expecting to spend for one of these. I also saw a 180 sell on ebay last year for 8.8K. This is a tough sell, because I think that the people who are looking for DBs for their Contax bodies are probably more interested in buying a full-frame back if they are going to invest in a 'dead' system, and me personally, I wouldn't spend 5 figures on CMOS back.. even after looking for almost 3 or so years now.

HOWEVER... I know that DT, and the like are very hungry for Contax mount DBs, and may be able to entice you with an offer!

Either way, GLWS!

Hey Nike, Thanks brother, The 180 definitely has that full frame, but anything beyond low light is definitely impossible for that.

I thought about getting the 180 at first but than realized that during my wedding's I will be thrusted into low light situations where shooting at ISO 400/800 is preferred. The 150, definitely did an amazing job at that during a chunk of the weddings I've done indoors.
So theres definitely Pro's and Con's to owning one. I've paid a good chunk for the DB, and more than happy to sit down with a potential buyer to talk through the numbers.

I feel that what I'm asking for is very reasonable, probably more reasonable that what Digital transitions is asking for their backs!
Appreciate the thought brother!

simonlyphotography

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2021, 10:10:43 pm »

No rush bump!

NortheastPhotographic

• Owner of Northeast Photographic lab in Maine
    • Northeast Photographic
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2021, 10:22:00 am »

There is a Facebook group called Contax 645 (or similar IIRC), where there are a TON of Contax people, mostly from the wedding and film shooting world.  You should list this there, because there is always an interest in digital backs for some.

Shoot film.

simonlyphotography

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2021, 11:31:11 am »

There is a Facebook group called Contax 645 (or similar IIRC), where there are a TON of Contax people, mostly from the wedding and film shooting world.  You should list this there, because there is always an interest in digital backs for some.

Hey Brother, thanks for the feedback, I'm actually in that group, been in it for 5 years. I posted a feeler on there but the majority of people there don't even know what a Phase one is much less ever seen a digital back for the Contax.

I wanted to give everyone a opportunity before I post it on Ebay.

Mexecutioner

« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2021, 11:41:21 am »

May want to adjust the price here once more because the eBay/PayPal fees are brutal these days, so you will take a hit. To make it worse, the buyer will be charged tax as well unless he/she lives in one of the very few states that don't charge sales tax. Only good thing about eBay is the large audience you'll be able to offer this to. Again, GLWS!

simonlyphotography

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2021, 07:03:35 pm »

May want to adjust the price here once more because the eBay/PayPal fees are brutal these days, so you will take a hit. To make it worse, the buyer will be charged tax as well unless he/she lives in one of the very few states that don't charge sales tax. Only good thing about eBay is the large audience you'll be able to offer this to. Again, GLWS!

Thank you brother, since theres a huge Paypal/ebay fee, I was thinking about having the transaction done in person. Either I fly to or they fly to me to have the transaction done at a bank.

That was my original thought process! 

I paid more than what I've presented above with receipts from top to bottom for the camera. More than happy to discuss with serious buyers!

simonlyphotography

« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2021, 01:33:49 pm »

Light lil bump before putting it on Ebay.

simonlyphotography

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2021, 07:13:06 pm »

Upp!

Mexecutioner

« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2021, 11:39:12 am »

I think it is time for it to go to eBay. Let us know when we can bid.   :P
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up