Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 153   Go Down

Author Topic: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine  (Read 108686 times)

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Re: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine
« Reply #1200 on: April 15, 2021, 09:12:48 am »

I don't like Fauci for what he did thirty years ago and my feelings about it.  I forget the particular situation.  But he was in charge back then too. What I remember for these thirty years is that I got the feeling then he's a politician and I just didn't trust him since then.  That was long before Trump. I still feel the same way.

Many women feel exactly like that when recalling some perceived slight their husbands did or said thirty years ago.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1201 on: April 15, 2021, 09:21:27 am »

I'm already married.   :-\

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #1202 on: April 15, 2021, 09:31:35 am »

... Now when something could affect others, then it’s not quite that simple, like smoking in planes or driving drunk can have severe effects on others, so those decisions are taken out of your hands...like they should be.

I get that argument, in principle.

The disagreement has been all this time if those effects are really "severe" and even if so, would they justify crashing the whole world economy and draconian lockdown measures. As I explained many times before, I think they are not severe, and do not justify terrorizing 99.9x % of the population for the questionable effect on the 0.0y%. Isolating infected, yes, like in all other pandemics before. Assuming that 99.9x% of the population is dangerous, is, well... very dangerous (assumption).

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1203 on: April 15, 2021, 09:39:53 am »

And the stupendous messaging from our nonpareil elite class on the vaccines continues! 

Fifth of Americans refuse to get coronavirus vaccine as Johnson & Johnson shot is put on hold; Europeans' confidence in the AstraZeneca vaccine plummeted when it was temporarily paused last month

Yep, 7 out of 7,000,000 is enough to justify pulling a promising product I guess.  Sometime in the future, the Democrats' messaging on this will be viewed as a masterclass on how to thoroughly sow doubt on a promising scientific breakthrough while turning the populous en mass into anti-vaxers. 

But anyway, does Atlanta still have a mask mandate?  If so, how about the surrounding suburbs?  I may be flying down next week for a project and just want to gauge how back to normal it is. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 09:46:32 am by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

faberryman

« Reply #1204 on: April 15, 2021, 09:59:53 am »

Many women feel exactly like that when recalling some perceived slight their husbands did or said thirty years ago.

What's funny is he can't even remember what it was.

faberryman

« Reply #1205 on: April 15, 2021, 10:02:25 am »

...Now Johnson has even more problems.  So I'll ask the question again.  Who would take Johnson over the other two?...

...The CDC should have just allowed vaccinations to continue until they investigated it so millions of people could get some protection from Covid if they chose.

If no one will take it, how will it protect millions of people?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 10:07:03 am by faberryman »

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1206 on: April 15, 2021, 10:08:37 am »

I don't like Fauci for what he did thirty years ago and my feelings about it.  I forget the particular situation.  But he was in charge back then too. What I remember for these thirty years is that I got the feeling then he's a politician and I just didn't trust him since then.  That was long before Trump. I still feel the same way.

That's a long time to hold a grudge.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1207 on: April 15, 2021, 10:09:30 am »

...Now Johnson has even more problems.  So I'll ask the question again.  Who would take Johnson over the other two?...

...The CDC should have just allowed vaccinations to continue until they investigated it so millions of people could get some protection from Covid if they chose.

If no one would take it, how will it protect millions of people?
I never said no one would take them. My question was to the posters if they had a choice among three vaccines, who would take Johnson's?  But millions of Americans already had appointments to take Johnson's.  Now they've been cancelled.   It should have been left to them to cancel it or not.

faberryman

« Reply #1208 on: April 15, 2021, 10:13:11 am »

I never said no one would take them. My question was to the posters if they had a choice among the vaccines, who would take Johnson's?  But millions of Americans already had appointments to take Johnson's.  Now they've been cancelled.   It should have been left to them to cancel it or not.

Around here they just swapped the Pfizer and Moderna for the J&J and carried on. I haven't done a multi-state analysis to see if it is the same elsewhere. Have you?

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1209 on: April 15, 2021, 10:15:46 am »

Ontario reported 4,401 new cases of COVID-19 on Monday. The number of COVID-19 patients in intensive care units jumped to a record high of 612.

https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-frantically-adding-icu-beds-to-hospitals-as-occupancy-due-to-covid-19-hits-record-high-1.5385128

Here in Ottawa we're getting record number of infections. CHEO, local children's hospital, is converting some areas for adult Covid treatment because of ICUs that are filling up around town. It's anecdotal, but I can guess at what is happening. From what I see in my neighbourhood and local parks is that people are gathering in large groups and not just with close family, even though we're in the middle of a 4-week "lockdown" because of the resurgence in infections. Many people are already acting as if the pandemic is over, when it isn't. So far as I'm able to judge, the messaging about that is pretty clear about that, but messaging only works if people read or listen to it.

When you get infections, you'll get deaths, sure as sunrise. Stupid never sleeps.
--
Robert

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1210 on: April 15, 2021, 10:17:45 am »

Around here they just swapped the Pfizer and Moderna for the J&J and carried on. I haven't done a multi-state analysis to see if it is the same elsewhere. Have you?
I heard yesterday that Pfizer is going to produce an extra 20 million doses to make up the difference  by the end of April or May,  not sure which.  So that means they have to be short doses somewhere and people are getting canceled.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1211 on: April 15, 2021, 10:19:52 am »

Here in Ottawa we're getting record number of infections....

So, even with the draconian measures (note I didn't say fascist this time ;)) you can't keep people obedient enough? Would live ammunition help? Like Duterte?

faberryman

« Reply #1212 on: April 15, 2021, 10:23:54 am »

I heard yesterday that Pfizer is going to produce an extra 20 million doses to make up the difference  by the end of April or May,  not sure which.  So that means they have to be short doses somewhere and people are getting canceled.

Or that they are not short now, but will be in the future if they don't manufacture the other doses. I read a couple of days ago that many states haven't drawn down all of their allocated doses because supply is outstripping demand. They don't want to draw down those doses because they don't want them to go bad waiting around for people to show up and get the shot.

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1213 on: April 15, 2021, 10:39:08 am »

So, even with the draconian measures (note I didn't say fascist this time ;)) you can't keep people obedient enough? Would live ammunition help? Like Duterte?

You got the sequence wrong. FIRST we had record infections, THEN they imposed stay-at-home and store closings.
--
Robert

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1214 on: April 15, 2021, 10:39:19 am »

It appears that the measures were not draconian enough for stupid people. As a matter of fact, the anti-covid measures over the last few weeks were relaxed. The travel and get-togethers over Easter didn't help. The lockdowns were re-instituted and hospitals closed again on Monday, so hopefully that with the continuing vaccinations will help to mitigate the spread.

In the meantime, Toronto area hospitals are redeploying hundreds of doctors, nurses and other health workers to care for critically ill COVID-19 patients to keep pace with the ongoing flood of patients.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2021, 04:44:52 pm by LesPalenik »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1215 on: April 15, 2021, 11:03:53 am »

Or that they are not short now, but will be in the future if they don't manufacture the other doses. I read a couple of days ago that many states haven't drawn down all of their allocated doses because supply is outstripping demand. They don't want to draw down those doses because they don't want them to go bad waiting around for people to show up and get the shot.
Well, if they can administer Moderna or Pfizer, so they don't miss their vaccinations, that would be great.  Plus, those two are more effective anyway. I could see most people now refusing to take Johnson.  Did their stock price go down?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1216 on: April 15, 2021, 11:05:44 am »

You got the sequence wrong. FIRST we had record infections, THEN they imposed stay-at-home and store closings.
"Officer, I was just running out to get my baby some formula.  Please don't shoot."

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #1217 on: April 15, 2021, 11:07:44 am »

"Officer, I was just running out to get my baby some formula.  Please don't shoot."

Hey, if you're going to hang an air freshener in the car, you're asking for trouble.
--
Robert

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1218 on: April 15, 2021, 04:12:12 pm »

I am not trying to make any point with this, other than being a freakish coincidence:

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2021/04/head-denmarks-health-agency-keels-drops-unconscious-presser-decision-stop-using-astrazeneca-vaccines-happens-vaccinated/?utm_campaign=later-linkinbio-gatewaypundit&utm_content=later-16321105&utm_medium=social&utm_source=instagram

"The Head of Denmark’s Health Agency Keels Over and Drops Unconscious During Presser on Decision to Stop Using AstraZeneca Vaccines"

The death of a second person in Denmark who died after getting the AstraZeneca vaccine was reported this week.

There is a video inside the article.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 153   Go Up