Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 153   Go Down

Author Topic: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine  (Read 108746 times)

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
Re: Promising New Coronavirus Vaccine
« Reply #1120 on: April 13, 2021, 09:59:04 am »

You realize, don't you, that the photo of police in that article is a stock image and not what actually happened at the church. A simple google search will show the real picture. This is National Enquirer level reportage...

Why don't you provide images or text of "what actually happened at the church"?

There is a video inside that article I linked to, you can see for yourself what is going on. Here is another report, showing the same scenes:

https://news.yahoo.com/protesters-pull-down-fences-clash-172724136.html

As for the "public health emergency" - you know my opinion that it is just used as a pretext for fascist measures and training people into obedience. It is not the role of the government to act in "my best interest," contrary to what i think it is. Especially when manufactured protests, with billions in burnt cities and other damage, are celebrated and encouraged at the same time.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1121 on: April 13, 2021, 10:10:03 am »

So should I get together for breakfast with my friends who've had the shots like me?  Then there are the waiters etc.  My wife's panicking.

A Mystery Under Study: How, Why And When COVID Vaccines Aren't Fully Protective
https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/04/13/986411423/a-mystery-under-study-how-why-and-when-covid-vaccines-arent-fully-protective

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1122 on: April 13, 2021, 10:12:36 am »

Wasn't J&J, the one that had less efficacy, the one we argued over? 

Johnson & Johnson vaccine should be paused in U.S. after 'extremely rare' blood clots, FDA and CDC say
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/johnson-johnson-vaccine-should-be-paused-u-s-after-extremely-n1263898

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1123 on: April 13, 2021, 10:17:55 am »

An unscientific response.  Please explain why the deaths in 2020 were not higher.

Many people couldn't visit their doctors and also they didn't ingest as many pills as before.

In May 2016, the British Medical Journal (BMJ) published an article with the headline: Medical error—the third leading cause of death in the U.S. The article estimated that as many as 250,000 deaths per year in the United States were caused by medical error.

https://healthydebate.ca/2019/08/topic/medical-error-causing-death/#:~:text=In%20May%202016%2C%20the%20British,were%20caused%20by%20medical%20error.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1124 on: April 13, 2021, 10:26:22 am »

You realize, don't you, that the photo of police in that article is a stock image and not what actually happened at the church. A simple google search will show the real picture. This is National Enquirer level reportage.

Why should church goers get a free pass during a public health emergency?
You can listen to a preacher on Zoom or Youtube. Or TV. Or just pray in private.

The SCOTUS decision to place religious observance above public health reminds me a bit of Easter Island. I don't consider it something to be proud of. It's what I expect of the Taliban not a modern state.

Your frequent strident accusations of fascism sound a bit hollow, btw. Are you back on caffeine? I did warn you.
They weren't given a free pass. The court felt that churches were required to have more restrictions than other similar venues.

I know from my own experience in construction, that churches and other religious buildings have to meet all building codes and match buildings of similar construction and use.  The religious protections under the constitution are not being violated by having to meet standard building codes.  They have to install smoke detectors, have the required number of exits, and even meet ADA codes for the disabled like installing ramps for wheelchairs.  But they don't have to do more than other similar buildings.  Apparently the court felt they were singled out for having to be more restrictive when it came to Covid.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1125 on: April 13, 2021, 10:34:41 am »

In May 2016, the British Medical Journal (BMJ) published an article with the headline: Medical error—the third leading cause of death in the U.S. The article estimated that as many as 250,000 deaths per year in the United States were caused by medical error.

You mean I should get a third opinion? :)

Chris Kern

• Chris Kern's Eponymous Website
« Reply #1126 on: April 13, 2021, 10:35:01 am »

The NPR story strikes me as well-reported, although the website headline (which probably wasn't written by the reporter) is somewhat misleading.  There is no mystery.  Anyone who has been paying attention should have been aware all along that some individuals who have been "fully vaccinated" will be infected by this coronavirus.  Based on the limited real-world information about the effectiveness of the vaccines that is currently available, it appears that if you received both doses of one of the two mRNA vaccines and are subsequently exposed to someone who is shedding the virus, you are unlikely to become infected, quite unlikely to get sick, very unlikely to require hospitalization, and almost certain not to die.  My understanding is that the current estimates should be considered provisional, especially in view of the fact that they are based on data gathered before the new, more aggressive variants of SARS-CoV-2 became dominant in North America and Europe, but apparently approximately 10 percent of those who are exposed can be expected to be infected and 5 percent will experience symptoms of COVID-19.  The risk of hospitalization or death if you are exposed after receiving one of these vaccines apparently is too small to have been estimated by the limited real-world data that so far have been collected.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1127 on: April 13, 2021, 10:40:16 am »

The NPR story strikes me as well-reported, although the website headline (which probably wasn't written by the reporter) is somewhat misleading.  There is no mystery.  Anyone who has been paying attention should have been aware all along that some individuals who have been "fully vaccinated" will be infected by this coronavirus.  Based on the limited real-world information about the effectiveness of the vaccines that is currently available, it appears that if you received both doses of one of the two mRNA vaccines and are subsequently exposed to someone who is shedding the virus, you are unlikely to become infected, quite unlikely to get sick, very unlikely to require hospitalization, and almost certain not to die.  My understanding is that the current estimates should be considered provisional, especially in view of the fact that they are based on data gathered before the new, more aggressive variants of SARS-CoV-2 became dominant in North America and Europe, but apparently approximately 10 percent of those who are exposed can be expected to be infected and 5 percent will experience symptoms of COVID-19.  The risk of hospitalization or death if you are exposed after receiving one of these vaccines apparently is too small to have been estimated by the limited real-world data that so far have been collected.
Thanks for the positive post.  It makes me more confident.  The problem is my wife's really nervous still.  She stills wears double masks etc.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1128 on: April 13, 2021, 11:53:25 am »

Although I am not a huge fan of this website, I feel this article sums up the whole issue with trying to get people to get vaccinated. 

Americans Will Never Vaccinate If Fauci’s Retort To Normalcy Is Always ‘No, It’s Still Not OK’

“So, if you’re not vaccinated, please get vaccinated as soon as vaccine becomes available to you, and if you are vaccinated, please remember that you still have to be careful and not get involved in crowded situations, particularly indoors where people are not wearing masks,” Fauci. 

So, if the vaccines work, why do we need to still act as if they do not after getting them? 

This is the very basic natural rhetorical questions being asked by nearly everyone in the country.  For someone like me, who is under 50 and healthy and fully understands that this does not pose any real threat to myself, there simply is no incentive to get the vaccine except to be allowed to return to normalcy, especially after seeing how shitty some people are one or two days after the second shot.  So long as the Biden administration keeps on pushing this message, a large number of young people are just simply not going to get it, or go out of their way to get it until they have to. 
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent

faberryman

« Reply #1129 on: April 13, 2021, 12:27:35 pm »

Although I am not a huge fan of this website, I feel this article sums up the whole issue with trying to get people to get vaccinated. 

Americans Will Never Vaccinate If Fauci’s Retort To Normalcy Is Always ‘No, It’s Still Not OK’

“So, if you’re not vaccinated, please get vaccinated as soon as vaccine becomes available to you, and if you are vaccinated, please remember that you still have to be careful and not get involved in crowded situations, particularly indoors where people are not wearing masks,” Fauci. 

So, if the vaccines work, why do we need to still act as if they do not after getting them? 

This is the very basic natural rhetorical questions being asked by nearly everyone in the country.  For someone like me, who is under 50 and healthy and fully understands that this does not pose any real threat to myself, there simply is no incentive to get the vaccine except to be allowed to return to normalcy, especially after seeing how shitty some people are one or two days after the second shot.  So long as the Biden administration keeps on pushing this message, a large number of young people are just simply not going to get it, or go out of their way to get it until they have to.

If you don't perceive any incentive to get a vaccine, don't get a vaccine. As far as I know, the government is not making you get one. I haven't seen any polling numbers indicating what percentage of young people are planning not to get a vaccine. I have seen numbers indicating that half of Republican men are either planning not to get the vaccine or are not sure.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vaccine-hesitancy-republican-men/
« Last Edit: April 13, 2021, 12:53:12 pm by faberryman »

James Clark

« Reply #1130 on: April 13, 2021, 01:00:55 pm »

If you don't perceive any incentive to get a vaccine, don't get a vaccine. As far as I know, the government is not making you get one. I haven't seen any polling numbers indicating what percentage of young people are planning not to get a vaccine. I have seen numbers indicating that half of Republican men are either planning not to get the vaccine or are not sure.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/vaccine-hesitancy-republican-men/

Selfish people are selfish, such as it ever was.  Fauci is pretty straightforward:

“And for the time being, until we show definitively that a person who’s vaccinated does not get this subclinical infection and can spread to others, you should also continue to wear a mask.”

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #1131 on: April 13, 2021, 02:21:22 pm »

Raldi says the RCMP is going to come down from Canada and twist your arm and then inject you in the other one. :)  Eh.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1132 on: April 13, 2021, 03:37:21 pm »

... Fauci is pretty straightforward:

Fucc Fauxi.

James Clark

« Reply #1133 on: April 13, 2021, 03:40:33 pm »

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1134 on: April 13, 2021, 05:07:33 pm »

== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

Bart_van_der_Wolf

« Reply #1135 on: April 13, 2021, 05:11:20 pm »

Because, while the vaccinated may have better protection against getting infected themselves, they may still be infectious to others.
== If you do what you did, you'll get what you got. ==

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #1136 on: April 13, 2021, 06:56:44 pm »

So should I get together for breakfast with my friends who've had the shots like me?  Then there are the waiters etc.  My wife's panicking.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2021/04/13/986411423/a-mystery-under-study-how-why-and-when-covid-vaccines-arent-fully-protective

By all means, have a breakfast with your friends. That will be the quickest and simplest way to find out how effective was your vaccine shot.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #1137 on: April 13, 2021, 07:54:59 pm »

Because, while the vaccinated may have better protection against getting infected themselves, they may still be infectious to others.

Those others then should protect themselves by 1. Being vaccinated 2. Staying home or 3. Wearing triple mask.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 05:50:23 am by Slobodan Blagojevic »

Peter McLennan

« Reply #1138 on: April 13, 2021, 09:38:31 pm »

Fucc Fauxi.

Yah, because some dickhead who said "Wake me when it (the US death total) gets to 60K" knows more about virology than, well, pretty well anybody.  Including Fauci.

As a physician with the National Institutes of Health (NIH), Fauci has served American public health in various capacities for more than 50 years, and has been an advisor to every U.S. president since Ronald Reagan.[1] He became director of the NIAID in 1984 and has made contributions to HIV/AIDS research and other immunodeficiency diseases, both as a scientist and as the head of the NIAID.[2] From 1983 to 2002, Fauci was one of the world's most frequently-cited scientists across all scientific journals.[2] In 2008, President George W. Bush awarded Fauci the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the highest civilian award in the United States, for his work on the AIDS relief program PEPFAR.

JoeKitchen

« Reply #1139 on: April 14, 2021, 12:22:15 am »

And what happened to the last 100+ years of vaccine science, not to mention the last year of research on C-19 showing non-Symptomatic cases not spreading the virus? 

Like I said, if you want to say that we need to get the vaccine while at the same time say we can not get back to normal even after doing so, dont be surprised when people don't see the need to get vaccinated.  You are setting up the excuse for people not to get it; it is just a logical conclusion to not do so if you imply it does not work by saying it does not allow us to get back to normal.  And lets not forget the countless Dems telling us back in October that we should not trust the vaccine due to Trump's involvement and the Tuskegee experiments.   

It is the Dems that have sown this seed of vaccine denialism, and no Dem has actually done anything to try and fix it. 
« Last Edit: April 14, 2021, 12:30:01 am by JoeKitchen »
"Photography is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 153   Go Up