Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fuji GFX 100S Announced - $6000  (Read 4870 times)

kers

• Pieter Kers
Re: Fuji GFX 100S Announced - $6000
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2021, 05:57:27 am »

With all respect; i really cannot see any difference in web images between DX, FF and MF;
For me it is a matter of 1 meter or 2 meter wide prints, to see the difference, that is all.
So many excellent lenses nowadays, regardless the size of the sensor.
Pieter Kers
www.beeld.nu/la

rtlonghitano

« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2021, 09:31:38 am »

I'm seriously looking at this camera.  What are my options to be able to still use my Nikon glass with this camera? ( i.e Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G )

Ken Bennett

• http://www.kenbennettphoto.com
« Reply #22 on: March 11, 2021, 09:17:16 pm »

I'm seriously looking at this camera.  What are my options to be able to still use my Nikon glass with this camera? ( i.e Nikon 24-70mm f/2.8G )

You can buy an adapter for Nikon DSLR lenses. They may or may not cover the entire sensor without vignetting. Different adapters will work better (or not) with electronic contacts and autofocus/aperture. I don't shoot Nikon so I have not tried any of them.

The only lens I adapt any more is an old 50mm Canon f/1.4 FD SSC from around 1971. It vignettes pretty hard, so I shoot in square format. It shoots horribly defective photos, which is why I like it. :) I gave up trying to adapt modern Canon lenses, and just got Fuji GFX lenses. They are excellent.
Equipment: a camera and some lenses. https://www.instagram.com/wakeforestphoto/

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2021, 02:23:06 am »

Either way I never found the issue to be an issue. It only seemed to show up when the files were pushed past 3.5 stops of exposure. I tested this quite a while on my GFX100 and never could see the banding even in areas of sky where it seemed to be the most easily found. As I never plan to push a file that far since bracketing is so easy on the GFX100 I quit looking or testing for the issue.

Ir will be interesting to see what all the testing of the 100s shows on this issue.

Paul C

DP Review posted some new images from the GFX100S which included Raws in their test photo gallery (was only jpgs before).  I downloaded a few of the images with deep shadows and pushed the exposure by +5EV.  This took the shadows up to close to mid range.  Absolutely no sign of PDF banding.  Using the shadows slider (instead of Exposure) at 100% same thing.

BernardLanguillier

• http://www.flickr.com/photos/bernardlanguillier/sets/
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2021, 04:27:59 pm »

With all respect; i really cannot see any difference in web images between DX, FF and MF;
For me it is a matter of 1 meter or 2 meter wide prints, to see the difference, that is all.
So many excellent lenses nowadays, regardless the size of the sensor.

Agreed. What may be visible at web size is the look or bokeh, the transition from sharp to oof as well as LoCA or other forms of color aberration.

But I find these threads without any image a bit lifeless.

Cheers,
Bernard

Lust4Life

• Shadows Dancing
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2021, 07:12:41 am »

Agreed.  Too many folks push so far beyond what "good" photography practices are and will never ask of a camera.  Expose like you give a flip about what you are doing and gently use HDR to stretch dynamic range, not a slider, and be happy.

Like driving a Bentley Continental GT into a telephone pole and bitching that the car bent instead of the telephone pole!

jb

Abdo

• Abdo Abdala - Photography
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2021, 07:53:29 pm »

I'm going to ask a question here,
I think Fuji will kill 32/64 it lost its meaning after the 45/100 that was launched 3 years later.
I believe that Fuji will launch something between 20mm and 45mm to cover and end up with 32/64.
I am thinking after 20 years with Nikon, I have already sold 22 more lenses than more than 40 lenses that I had in the Nikon system. (only had Primes lenses, up to 400mm 2.8)
I want with fuji 100s to have only 2 or 3 lenses, I thought about the 30mm 45/100 and maybe a macro 120.
What is your opinion ?

macfly

• Andrew Macpherson
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2021, 12:28:09 am »

Just had my first weekend with mine, it's my first Fuji, I got it with the 32/64 to start out.

The hype is real, it's simply sensational, I've shot the H system and the Phase/Mamiya rigs a lot for work, and this suits me so much better. The quality looks really strong.

I love shooting panoramas for large prints, here's one, a detail at 100%, no sharpening, and 300% with a little sharpening.
Andrew Macpherson
www.macfly.com
LA CA USA
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up