Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just before lock down kicked in and ruined it for me yet again  (Read 415 times)

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• I've even written a book about it
    • SkyePhotoGuide.com
Just before lock down kicked in and ruined it for me yet again
« on: January 14, 2021, 12:06:09 pm »

Another local scene that is quite near to me on Skye and that I can no longer go to with my camera unless I am willing to break the law and which as a law abiding citizen, I am not prepared to do - aaarrrggghh!!!!!.

>:( >:( >:(

Dave

Eric Myrvaagnes

• http://myrvaagnes.com
    • http://myrvaagnes.com
Re: Just before lock down kicked in and ruined it for me yet again
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2021, 01:23:53 pm »

I'm glad you got there when you did.
That one is gorgeous.
-Eric Myrvaagnes (visit my website: http://myrvaagnes.com)

Paulo Bizarro

• http://www.paulobizarro.com
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2021, 01:28:21 pm »

Great shot. Yup, here in Portugal we are going back to lockdown as of tomorrow. It is still possible to go out, there are several exceptions to the rules. I can still drive inside my municipality, or go out to exercise.

Perhaps you could go jogging and take the camera with you :)

guido

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2021, 02:25:58 pm »

Beautiful image Dave! Be safe, and keep your neighbors safe. There will be lots of light left to capture when this is over...

RSL

• http://www.russ-lewis.com
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2021, 02:33:17 pm »

+1
Russ Lewis  www.russ-lewis.com.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2021, 03:43:02 pm »

I'm glad you got there when you did.
That one is gorgeous.

Thanks Eric and that is why it is so annoying, because even though today was a complete washout, we have had some really beautiful days since lockdown began again fully just after Christmas.

Perhaps you could go jogging and take the camera with you :)

Sadly my jogging days are long gone Paulo, but even if I could, I would still not be allowed to jog to here, as we can only travel for exercise up to 5 miles from our homes and this view is around 10 miles from mine - although if I really wanted to push my luck, I could probably go out and shoot where ever I like if I really wanted to, as I can claim it was part of my work having just written a book about landscape photography in Scotland. So as a published 'Author' (god doesn't that sound just a bit too pompous), I could legitimately claim that doing so was part of my working day and that I am therefore allowed to continue going out as defined by our current Covid laws and restrictions, which specifically state that you are allowed to continue going out to work, but only if you cannot work from home and which obviously I can't. But this isn't the type of person I am at all, because I believe in fairness and fair play, so if everyone else in the UK has got to suffer and stay at home, even if they are all starting to pull their hair out by the roots due to the onset of cabin fever, then so be it, I am going to suffer it too aaarrrggghhh!!!

My hair has now grown down to and over my shoulders BTW, as I haven't been able to get it cut now for over a year and there is no way I am letting the missus have a go at it, even though she keeps offering with a glint in her eyes, so I keep telling her no, because if I wanted it hacking off in irregular sharply edged chunks, then I can do that myself thank you very much...

Beautiful image Dave! Be safe, and keep your neighbors safe. There will be lots of light left to capture when this is over...

Well said Paulo and I totally agree. In fact we are hoping to get our first vaccine shots in around 8 weeks, as we are listed as being in category 7 out of the 10 levels of priority for vaccines in the UK and then there is a further 2 weeks quarantine for the jab to take effect. So if all goes well, I should be able to step out blinking into the light around the beginning to the middle of April.  :( :( :(

Oh and thanks as well to you Russ  ;)

Dave
« Last Edit: January 14, 2021, 03:55:30 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »

KMRennie

« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2021, 05:14:32 pm »

Lovely image Dave please stay safe our local rates in rural North Cumbria increased 25 fold in 3 weeks and are now well over 1,000 per 100,000 and are close to the highest in the UK. Ken

MattBurt

• Looking for that other shot
    • Matt Burt Photography
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2021, 12:40:32 am »

Great shot! Stay safe there too.
When we were locked down we could stay in our county which is fairly large and mostly wilderness which is fortunate for the outdoorsy locals.

I also gave myself a haircut with my beard trimmer in the summer. Figured I could just shave it all off if it was too awful but it wasn't that bad. My wife helped with the back and it was good enough for my needs.
I've since gotten some proper hair cutting clippers and need to give them a try soon. Hair is back to annoying length where it gets in my eyes a lot.
-MattB

Chairman Bill

• flickr page
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2021, 03:51:45 am »

Looks great. I'm jealous, even if you can only go 5 miles from home. This winter's trip to Scotland has had to be binned because of Covid. Maybe next year.

Dave (Isle of Skye)

• SkyePhotoGuide.com
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2021, 03:31:17 pm »

Thanks again everyone  ;)

Looks great. I'm jealous, even if you can only go 5 miles from home. This winter's trip to Scotland has had to be binned because of Covid. Maybe next year.

Don't worry Bill, I am sure you will still have time to get here and let's hope that this next time at least, the weather is a little more kind to you than it has been in the past I believe  ;)

Great shot! Stay safe there too.
When we were locked down we could stay in our county which is fairly large and mostly wilderness which is fortunate for the outdoorsy locals.

I also gave myself a haircut with my beard trimmer in the summer. Figured I could just shave it all off if it was too awful but it wasn't that bad. My wife helped with the back and it was good enough for my needs.
I've since gotten some proper hair cutting clippers and need to give them a try soon. Hair is back to annoying length where it gets in my eyes a lot.

No I am leaving it to grow down my back until I can get back to my barber, which is weird for a man of my age, but at least I still have a full head of it. In fact I would now even say that I have a bit too much of it and have to constantly twitch my head around like some teenage magazine cover girl standing in front of a wind machine, just to stop it constantly falling into my eyes (only I've grown much bigger boobs than they usually have, after sitting on the sofa watching TV for nearly a year) - but hey, I've got nothing else better to do with my day  :(

Lovely image Dave please stay safe our local rates in rural North Cumbria increased 25 fold in 3 weeks and are now well over 1,000 per 100,000 and are close to the highest in the UK. Ken

I know Ken it is scary isn't it? But it will pass one day and we will all look back and laugh nervously at how horrendously bad it got :(

Dave
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 03:35:47 pm by Dave (Isle of Skye) »
Pages: [1]   Go Up