Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Exporting to Qimage One  (Read 592 times)

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Exporting to Qimage One
« on: December 27, 2020, 08:49:48 am »

I’ve just downloaded QImage One trial version and installed it on my iMac Pro, running Catalina (up to date) and Lightroom (subscription, up to date). There were initial problems because the Adobe Photoshop 2020 folder still existed in /Applications (but without a Plugins folder), so Q1 said it couldn’t install the plugins, but when I deleted that folder the plugins were duly installed in the 2021 folder (the instructions Q1 gives on how to fix the problem need to be updated).

I’ve restarted LR and Q1. However, I persistently get an error when I try to export to Q1 in the recommended fashion (File->Plugin extras->QImage One):

[string "Q1ExportMenuItem.lua"]:1: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'i' (a nil value)

Selecting more than one photo in LR makes no difference.

Any ideas?

Jeremy

David Eckels

• It's just a camera.
    • Website
Re: Exporting to Qimage One
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2020, 09:15:05 am »

I'd post this on the QImage forum. I had very rapid replies with little glitches like you report.

Jeremy Roussak

• Administrator
    • site
Re: Exporting to Qimage One
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2020, 02:20:22 pm »

I emailed Binartem and had a reply from Andrew Wilford (and on a Sunday, too!). He couldn't reproduce the problem, but when I offered to track it down, he kindly sent me a copy of the code for the LR plugin so I could have a bash at debugging it (I don't know much lua, but I have hacked together one plugin myself).

The issue turned out to be simple: the plugin assumes that it would be sitting in /Users/name/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Modules/. However, mine isn't: I keep my LR application support folder in my Dropbox folder (so it's kept in sync between my laptop and my desktop machines). As a result, the search for "Library" was failing and "i", which was the position of "Library" in the path, was nil.

I fixed it and it now works fine. I must be uniquely perverse.

Jeremy
Pages: [1]   Go Up