Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Breathing Color Art Peel (or similar) optimum settings for HP z3100 (or similar)  (Read 309 times)

Kyle D Jackson

• Lone Leaf Photography

Hi everyone,

I'm trialling some self-adhesive "wallpaper" for the first time, the Art Peel product by Breathing Color.  It's a fun concept.  I'm looking for optimum printer settings ("paper preset" and "printing preferences") for my HP z3100 for this polyester-based material. 

My search hasn't turned up very much about the technical aspects of printing on this product, although I found some general info here to get me started, if I simply treat it as a canvas:
http://z3200.com/Working_with_other%20Papers_HP-Z3100_z3200_Printers.htm

The optimum ink density is still an open question, so I'm hoping someone here has some experience to share for this material and printer (or a similar material/printer combination), before I cook off the rest of my trial roll with test prints.

Thanks!  :)
Kyle D Jackson
Ottawa, Canada
Lone Leaf Photography

mcbroomf

• Mike Broomfield

Breathing color made me a profile for my P8000 for their Belgian Linen when it 1st came out.  I'd suggest contacting them.

Mike

Kyle D Jackson

• Lone Leaf Photography

Thanks Mike. I did contact them and while waiting for a reply I posted here as well.

When you say profile do you mean ICC colour profile? To clarify, I'm not looking for a colour profile, the HP z-series takes care of that on its own. What I'm looking for are optimized printer settings for this material, like those at the link I posted.

That said, having spent a while messing with it, I see now that there's really not much I can adjust. The ink density was my biggest question, but I see in my settings it's already at 100% and the prints seem ok. Gamut is as high as it'll ever go on this material lol.

The only setting I think I need to change now is the platen height. The paper preset I chose as a starter was for normal stock thickness, bit it looks like Art Peel needs the high platen setting. I'm getting the textile bubbling away from the backing in places, and got a feed crash near the end of the roll where it bunched up badly.  :P

The tricky thing with this printer is that you have to choose a standard paper preset as a starter point for a new material, but some settings will be locked (unchangeable) depending on the preset you pick. And there's no preset for somethin like Art Peel. So it becomes tedious trial and error to find a preset that lets us set the options we need. Ah well...

Cheers
Kyle D Jackson
Ottawa, Canada
Lone Leaf Photography
Pages: [1]   Go Up