Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 808   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 466391 times)

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #11900 on: October 23, 2021, 08:34:40 am »

Do not read Wolff's book.
Do not respond to my claim.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11901 on: October 23, 2021, 08:37:54 am »

You mean that XL pipeline you've used as an example that doesn't exist and never has?
Biden's anti-oil policies have made us dependent on foreign oil again leading to his begging OPEC and the Arabs to produce more oil so prices will stop going up.  How embarrassing to see an American president beg.

TechTalk

« Reply #11902 on: October 23, 2021, 09:03:07 am »

The U.S. has been a net exporter of crude oil and petroleum products for the first half of 2021 as it was in 2020. The U.S. is also producing more oil now than it was for the same period a year ago.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 04:13:33 pm by TechTalk »
Respice, adspice, prospice - Look to the past, the present, the future

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #11903 on: October 23, 2021, 09:28:31 am »

Why would I? You're just repeating the same things you always say and it was off-point anyway. I recommended a book. Read it if you're interested or don't read it if you're not.
--
Robert

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #11904 on: October 23, 2021, 09:37:23 am »

The point in the article was that the lawyer claimed there was collusion between the court and Chevron.  He offered as much proof as Trump did regarding illegal voting.  One would have to assume that two independent federal courts run by two federal judges colluded with Chevron to "get" this lawyer.  There you go "assuming" things again.  Where are your facts?  :)

If you are not willing to familiarize yourself with the basic facts of the case, then why are you participating in the discussion and why should I take notice of anything you say.

You keep repeating your assumptions about what happened when the actual facts are readily available online. The landing page of Moore's podcast entry contains multiple links to discussions about the case(s). The main reason I brought it to people's attention was because the use of a "private prosecutor" was new to me and I was a bit surprised that this even existed. When you add to that the fact that it's tantamount to having a private entity use the criminal justice system to go after someone, then I thought this at least raised a red flag. If you're not interested in this aspect, why are you invested in this at all?  You seem to repeatedly respond with "Chevron good"/"activist bad" polemics. Why bother.
--
Robert

Frans Waterlander

« Reply #11905 on: October 23, 2021, 12:04:13 pm »

The U.S. has been a net exporter of crude oil and petroleum products for the first half of 2021 as it was in 2020. The U.S. is also producing more oil now than it was for the same period a year go.
And your information source is what?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11906 on: October 23, 2021, 12:12:23 pm »

The U.S. has been a net exporter of crude oil and petroleum products for the first half of 2021 as it was in 2020. The U.S. is also producing more oil now than it was for the same period a year go.
Comparing production during the 2020 pandemic when things were shut down says little about it. Actually, for the first six months, field production of oil was higher in 2020 not lower as you said. Your opinion based on assumptions is wrong.  You ought to check the facts. See chart below.   When compared to 2019, production this year is way down.  We're producing less oil than we used to and exploring less because Biden's regulations are making it more difficult to get approvals and make it worthwhile.  So rather than pocketing the profits from our own oil, we have to go beg the Arabs to up OPEC production.  America loses profits and the earth still is burning the same amount of oil. 
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=M

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #11907 on: October 23, 2021, 12:24:41 pm »

If you are not willing to familiarize yourself with the basic facts of the case, then why are you participating in the discussion and why should I take notice of anything you say.

You keep repeating your assumptions about what happened when the actual facts are readily available online. The landing page of Moore's podcast entry contains multiple links to discussions about the case(s). The main reason I brought it to people's attention was because the use of a "private prosecutor" was new to me and I was a bit surprised that this even existed. When you add to that the fact that it's tantamount to having a private entity use the criminal justice system to go after someone, then I thought this at least raised a red flag. If you're not interested in this aspect, why are you invested in this at all?  You seem to repeatedly respond with "Chevron good"/"activist bad" polemics. Why bother.
Why are the "facts" in your article more "factual" than the facts in my article?  Only Michael Moore, the UN, and other defenders of the lawyer saw collusion and a lack of fairness.  The facts in my article state that two federal judges found this lawyer guilty of criminality and sentenced him to 6 months in jail.  No one has claimed these judges were corrupt in any way or were paid off by Chevron.   Maybe this lawyer should check with Trump's lawyer Michael Cohen to see how he handled a similar situation.  :)

A "private prosecutor" is new to me as well.  Why don't you describe what it is since you were the one who brought it up.  I never heard of such a thing. 

James Clark

« Reply #11908 on: October 23, 2021, 12:24:56 pm »

Comparing production during the 2020 pandemic when things were shut down says little about it. Actually, for the first six months, field production of oil was higher in 2020 not lower as you said. Your opinion based on assumptions is wrong.  You ought to check the facts. See chart below.   When compared to 2019, production this year is way down.  We're producing less oil than we used to and exploring less because Biden's regulations are making it more difficult to get approvals and make it worthwhile.  So rather than pocketing the profits from our own oil, we have to go beg the Arabs to up OPEC production.  America loses profits and the earth still is burning the same amount of oil. 
https://www.eia.gov/dnav/pet/hist/LeafHandler.ashx?n=PET&s=MCRFPUS2&f=M

Interesting chart.  You must be a massive fan of the Obama administration.

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #11909 on: October 23, 2021, 12:26:25 pm »

And your information source is what?
Asked the non photographer here who doesn't yet know how to use the "Google Machine."
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11910 on: October 23, 2021, 12:33:30 pm »

You mean that XL pipeline you've used as an example that doesn't exist and never has?
Ouch.
My assumption of his assumption is, that XL pipeline exits and was built by the last administration and like the wall, paid by Mexico. 
On Earth 2.  :o

Robert Roaldi

• Robert's Photos
« Reply #11911 on: October 23, 2021, 12:36:24 pm »

A "private prosecutor" is new to me as well.  Why don't you describe what it is since you were the one who brought it up.  I never heard of such a thing.

It is all clearly described by the lawyer in the Rumble podcast. If you're interested to know what it is, all you have to do is listen. That description falls in the first 20 min of the podcast (after the intro stuff). Why should I spend 20-30 minutes typing up a description of something for you when it is already out there for you to freely access.

This isn't the first time you pull something like this. You seem to think that because someone introduces a topic that somehow it is up to them to explain it all to you. If you can't be bothered to learn about the issue in question, that's fine, but why would you think that it is up to me to teach you?
--
Robert

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #11912 on: October 23, 2021, 12:41:08 pm »

You seem to think that because someone introduces a topic that somehow it is up to them to explain it all to you.
After all these pages, its clear that is CWOBaT (colossal waste of bandwidth and time).
Might as well try explaining something simple, like image/print resolution.... Been there, done that, failure.  :'(

TechTalk

« Reply #11913 on: October 23, 2021, 02:54:48 pm »

Comparing production during the 2020 pandemic when things were shut down says little about it.

Funny, when the impact the pandemic had on gas prices plunging then rising again was brought to your attention, you just kept repeating that it's due to Biden's policies.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 05:59:45 pm by TechTalk »

TechTalk

« Reply #11914 on: October 23, 2021, 03:02:37 pm »

Actually, for the first six months, field production of oil was higher in 2020 not lower as you said.

That's not what I wrote.

Your opinion based on assumptions is wrong.  You ought to check the facts.

I did check the facts that I wrote. You should learn to read before you write.

TechTalk

« Reply #11915 on: October 23, 2021, 03:17:09 pm »

The U.S. has been a net exporter of crude oil and petroleum products for the first half of 2021 as it was in 2020.

https://www.eia.gov/todayinenergy/United States exported more crude oil and petroleum products than it imported during the first half of 2021

Our Petroleum Supply Monthly trade data show that the United States exported more crude oil and petroleum products than it imported during the first half of 2021 by 120,000 barrels per day (b/d), or less than 1% of combined crude oil and petroleum product exports and imports.

The United States was a net importer of crude oil and petroleum products (imported more than it exported) in the first of half of each year until the first half of 2020, when the United States became a net exporter (exported more than it imported) by 432,000 b/d of crude oil and petroleum products. This year marks only the second time the United States has been a net total petroleum exporter in the first half of the year. The United States has been a net exporter of petroleum products alone since 2011.

TechTalk

« Reply #11916 on: October 23, 2021, 04:32:30 pm »

The U.S. is also producing more oil now than it was for the same period a year ago.

Domestic Crude oil Production (Thousand Barrels per Day)

Current Week (10/15/21) 11,300
Year Ago (10/16/20) 9,900

Four-Week Averages Week Ending (10/15/21) 11,275
Four-Week Averages Week Ending (10/16/20) 10,525

https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/supply/weekly/pdf/table1.pdf

Your opinion based on assumptions is wrong.

I made no assumptions nor expressed any opinion about the facts that I posted.

You ought to check the facts.

I did. You have poor reading comprehension and post replies to things that were never said routinely.

TechTalk

« Reply #11917 on: October 23, 2021, 05:13:14 pm »

Because of Biden's shutdown of the oil pipelines

Other than the nonexistent XL pipeline, you've failed to tell us what pipelines Biden has shutdown. Do you know how many pipelines are currently in operation? Do you know how many new, expanded, or extended pipelines are currently under construction?

https://www.eia.gov/petroleum/weekly/

This Week in Petroleum
Release Date: October 20, 2021

On October 1, 2021, the Enbridge Inc. Line 3 replacement pipeline became fully operational, delivering crude oil from Edmonton, Alberta, to Superior, Wisconsin. The pipeline’s start comes seven years after the announcement of the Line 3 replacement project, which was designed to restore the pipeline’s capacity to 760,000 barrels per day (b/d), from about half that amount, and improve its safety. Because the Line 3 replacement project increases the capacity for U.S. crude oil imports by pipeline from Canada, it could displace some crude oil currently shipped by rail. This change could increase Western Canada Select (WCS) crude oil prices and narrow the price spread between WCS and West Texas Intermediate (WTI), which has at times widened significantly as a result of a lack of pipeline capacity. In addition, the expanded capacity could facilitate the expected growth in Canada’s crude oil production through 2022.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/06/24/climate/line-3-pipeline-biden

Biden Administration Backs Oil Sands Pipeline Project

The Biden administration has defended a contentious pipeline project that would carry hundreds of thousands of barrels of oil through Minnesota’s delicate watersheds, urging in a court brief that a challenge brought by local tribes and environmental groups be thrown out.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2021, 06:00:59 pm by TechTalk »

TechTalk

« Reply #11918 on: October 23, 2021, 05:27:39 pm »

The report below consists mostly of charts for those with little time or inclination to read.

What drives crude oil prices?

An analysis of 7 factors that influence oil markets, with chart data updated monthly and quarterly - October 13, 2021

"Crude oil prices react to a variety of geopolitical and economic events"

https://www.eia.gov/finance/markets/crudeoil/reports_What drives crude oil prices?

TechTalk

« Reply #11919 on: October 23, 2021, 05:58:29 pm »

Always good advice when it comes to your claims, unless you're looking to ride a merry-go-round.
Pages: 1 ... 594 595 [596] 597 598 ... 808   Go Up