Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 809   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 474786 times)

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #7940 on: February 22, 2021, 11:20:51 am »

Just in, the Supreme Court allows release of Trump tax records to New York prosecutors.
Another bitter loss for Trump.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

faberryman

« Reply #7941 on: February 22, 2021, 11:22:21 am »

Sticky buns are bad for the heart.  Have you paid up your life insurance?  We all need to stay protected just in case. :)

Of course my life insurance is all paid up. Why do you think my wife is making me sticky buns?

faberryman

« Reply #7942 on: February 22, 2021, 11:24:51 am »

Just in, the Supreme Court allows release of Trump tax records to New York prosecutors.
Another bitter loss for Trump.

The bitterer the better. Now were finally going to get to see how much those hair cuts he was deducting actually cost.

faberryman

« Reply #7943 on: February 22, 2021, 11:28:38 am »

The administrator just got back to me.  Apparently, I, my township, and all of New Jersey are protected against what happened in Texas.  No sudden huge rate increases if something similar with power breakdowns occur.  Tomorrow, he's getting me the report from their advisors.

If you have to call down to the city administrator, and the city administrator has to call his advisors, how is your average poor schmuck supposed to know he is going to get a $17,000 electric bill if he chooses the variable rate?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7944 on: February 22, 2021, 11:30:04 am »

Of course my life insurance is all paid up. Why do you think my wife is making me sticky buns?
My wife just sent me this article that tells the foods that put weight on your belly as I have been getting and which affects the heart. Of course, 13 of the 14 foods were my favorites.  In your favor though, sticky buns were not on the list although low-fat pastries were.  Sticky sounds like high fat so you're safe.
https://www.eatthis.com/unhealthy-foods-cause-belly-fat/

Peter McLennan

« Reply #7945 on: February 22, 2021, 11:32:40 am »

There's only so much money to go around. 

Economists, many of whom are much more knowledgeable about financial matters than anyone here, would disagree.

Besides, Alan, wouldn't that premise invalidate the very concept of "making money" ??

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #7946 on: February 22, 2021, 11:37:11 am »

My wife just sent me this article that tells the foods that put weight on your belly as I have been getting and which affects the heart. Of course, 13 of the 14 foods were my favorites.
Of course like Alans wife, I read it fully and it explains a lot of the posts and their “critical thinking” in these parts:
This type of weight gain is referred to as "deep fat tissue," and it can even lead to some more serious issues, such as heart disease, diabetes, and Alzheimer's.
As predicted, no BMI/ height-weight or bodyfat % reported.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7947 on: February 22, 2021, 11:40:11 am »

If you have to call down to the city administrator, and the city administrator has to call his advisors, how is your average poor schmuck supposed to know he is going to get a $17,000 electric bill if he chooses the variable rate?
I made the deal originally for a better rate when I got a letter from the mayor who explains how they negotiated a better deal for the township.  Then we can dovetail off of it and get the same lower rates.  I trusted the township that they know what they're doing.  If they didn't then you're right.  I could get burned too. 

The Texans who got the lower rate like the people who get adjustable mortgage rates are taking chances.  They understand the game.  What should we do with people who buy a house with an adjustable mortgage and then when it goes up to 8%, they can't afford the mortgage any longer? Should we pay for the guy's home?  Whose fault is that?  Should we stop adjustable mortgages? Or should we let people be grownups and run their lives as they see fit and live with the results of their decisions?  Is the government responsible for the decisions we make in life?  Maybe they're making the wrong ones and we know better what we want better than they do, risk and all. 

faberryman

« Reply #7948 on: February 22, 2021, 11:44:27 am »

As predicted, no BMI/ height-weight or bodyfat % reported.

It's not like the forum is a twelve step program and you have to make a confession. Whose going to believe you anyway? Sort of like having to put where you live in your profile. Pick a country, any country.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 02:07:22 pm by faberryman »

faberryman

« Reply #7949 on: February 22, 2021, 11:47:39 am »

I trusted the township that they know what they're doing.

You trusted the government? Are you schizophrenic or something? Here is what you posted in the same post:

Is the government responsible for the decisions we make in life?  Maybe they're making the wrong ones and we know better what we want better than they do, risk and all.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 12:53:00 pm by faberryman »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7950 on: February 22, 2021, 11:50:16 am »

I made the deal originally for a better rate when I got a letter from the mayor who explains how they negotiated a better deal for the township.  Then we can dovetail off of it and get the same lower rates.  I trusted the township that they know what they're doing.  If they didn't then you're right.  I could get burned too. 

The Texans who got the lower rate like the people who get adjustable mortgage rates are taking chances.  They understand the game.  What should we do with people who buy a house with an adjustable mortgage and then when it goes up to 8%, they can't afford the mortgage any longer? Should we pay for the guy's home?  Whose fault is that?  Should we stop adjustable mortgages? Or should we let people be grownups and run their lives as they see fit and live with the results of their decisions?  Is the government responsible for the decisions we make in life?  Maybe they're making the wrong ones and we know better what we want better than they do, risk and all. 

Here's a suggestion for Texas regulators.  Add a cap of let's say a maximum of $1000 in case this happens again.  Now people have three choices instead of two.  The original 12 cents per KWH guaranteed or the original 2 cents but with no limit. Or a new third selection: 5 cents per KWH with the $1000 cap. The cap will force the utility to charge more per KWH to protect itself.

What do you think will happen?  I'd say there still will be people who will play the game and take the 2 cent deal with no cap.  What do you think?

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #7951 on: February 22, 2021, 11:53:30 am »

It's not like the forum is a twelve step program and you have to make a confession.
True indeed, or telling folks that sticky buns are bad for the heart. It's not like the forum is twelve step program for accepting facts and data either sadly.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7952 on: February 22, 2021, 11:54:36 am »

You trusted the government? Are you schizophrenic or something? Here is what you just posted in your previous post:

The government didn't decide for me to take the deal.  I could have just stayed with the original utility and paid a few cents more than the township.  It was my choice to use the lower price the township negotiated with the other utility.  But you're right that I trusted the government.  But the business administrator seems like a pretty smart guy.  It's not like the deal was made by AOC. :) 

faberryman

« Reply #7953 on: February 22, 2021, 11:56:57 am »

I'd say there still will be people who will play the game and take the 2 cent deal with no cap.  What do you think?

Have you ever been to Las Vegas? Of course there are some people who are going to take the 2 cent deal with no cap. And then there are the people who don't have a clue about what the options even mean; they just pick one and are good to go.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 12:01:35 pm by faberryman »

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
« Reply #7954 on: February 22, 2021, 12:07:59 pm »

You trusted the government? Are you schizophrenic or something?
Interesting thought:
https://www.helpguide.org/articles/mental-disorders/schizophrenia-signs-and-symptoms.htm
Recognizing the signs of schizophrenia in yourself or a loved one can be frightening.
The most common early warning signs include:
#7 Odd or irrational statements; strange use of words or way of speaking
Delusions of persecution – Belief that others, often a vague “they,” are out to get you. These harassing delusions often involve bizarre ideas and plots (e.g. “Martians are trying to poison me with radioactive particles delivered through my tap water”).
People calling you a liar?
Loose associations – Rapidly shifting from topic to topic, with no connection between one thought and the next.
Neologisms – Made-up words or phrases that only have meaning to you.
Perseveration – Repetition of words and statements; saying the same thing over and over.
Researchers at IBM have a process which aids in uncovering very early signs of Alzheimer based on the writing of people in their 80s. Using AI, the program predicted with 75% accuracy who would get the disease. AI identified a group of people who were more repetitive, made more spelling errors and used simpler grammatical structures.
My armchair analysis is, someone here may need to worry about eating sticky buns and 13 other food groups than others.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2021, 12:13:16 pm by digitaldog »

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7955 on: February 22, 2021, 12:21:31 pm »

Have you ever been to Las Vegas? Of course there are some people who are going to take the 2 cent deal with no cap. And then there are the people who don't have a clue about what the options even mean; they just pick one and are good to go.
Maybe we should protect gamblers against themselves.  If they lose more than let's say $5000 in one year, the government will give them an extra child credit on their taxes.

LesPalenik

• advantica blog
« Reply #7956 on: February 22, 2021, 12:25:20 pm »

Either way the lawyers get paid.  :)

Not if you are Trump's lawyers.

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #7957 on: February 22, 2021, 12:26:49 pm »

Not if you are Trump's lawyers.
Rudy knows the game.  :)

faberryman

« Reply #7958 on: February 22, 2021, 12:43:45 pm »

Maybe we should protect gamblers against themselves.

Some states outlaw gambling. Obviously not Nevada. Probably not New Jersey. You said you like to bet on the horses.

faberryman

« Reply #7959 on: February 22, 2021, 12:46:37 pm »

Rudy knows the game.  :)

Let's just say it is a good thing for Rudy that he doesn't have to take the bar exam every year. He's whackadoodle.
Pages: 1 ... 396 397 [398] 399 400 ... 809   Go Up