Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 809   Go Down

Author Topic: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa  (Read 474836 times)

John Camp

Re: Bear Pit: now the sole domicile of politics at LuLa
« Reply #3580 on: December 04, 2020, 02:04:30 pm »

Sure... Ferguson, BLM, are all Obama years.

P.S. Five Dallas police executed by a BLM-inspired sniper.

BLM has had some problems and some radical members have declined to condemn rioting. Other BLM leaders have rejected rioting as a measure. I have my own non-riot problems with BLM, but the fact that they were created during the Obama years doesn't have anything to do with Obama, it has something to do with the increasing incidence of police killings of unarmed black men. Obama himself has recently said a number of things that seem to reject BLM positions, such as his rejection of the "Defund Police" idea. I would point out that the guy who killed the Dallas cops was trained in the use of the weapon by the US Army, and the Army knew he had mental problems. A female soldier got a protection order against him and others knew he was unstable. He was, nevertheless, able to obtain a black rifle because of the Second Amendment crazies. He was a bomb waiting to go off, and the tensions of the time pulled the trigger. If the Second Amendment goofs hadn't armed him, this tragedy wouldn't have happened. IMHO. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 02:07:48 pm by John Camp »

faberryman

« Reply #3581 on: December 04, 2020, 02:08:45 pm »

You forgot about rioters. I don't think anyone here claimed that looters are alt-left or someone with a strong ideology behind it. Here we agree.

But rioters are 99% the Left, as well as those who condone, enable, finance, and provide political, legal, academic and media support (for rioters and looters).

Maybe so. I just haven't seen any data on it, so I don't know what the percentage is. I don't recall seeing very many people, on either side of the political spectrum, condone, enable, finance, and provide political, legal, academic and media support (for rioters and looters). The rioting and looting looked pretty unorganized to me. There were of course some clashes between alt-left and alt-right which looked well organized.

I'll help you with that:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/npr-and-new-books-indefensible-defense-of-looting-opinion/ar-BB18CNbd

Or this:

https://nypost.com/2020/08/13/blm-organizer-who-called-looting-reparations-doubles-down/

So you've got a "Marxist author" and a "BLM organizer" who defend looting. The Marxist author is Vicky Osterweil. On the Amazon page rleated to her book, she is described as "a writer, editor, and agitator and a regular contributor to the New Inquiry. Her writing has also appeared in the Baffler, the Nation, the Rumpus, Real Life, and Al Jazeera America." The New Inquiry is a website which describes itself as "a 501(c)3 non-profit and is not affiliated with any political party, government agency, university, municipality, religious organization, cadre, or other cult." So I guess she would be someone who provides media support for looting. Maybe. I am not sure what you would call the BLM organizer. I think he qualifies as "some guy".

I'll repeat: I don't recall seeing very many people, on either side of the political spectrum, condone, enable, finance, and provide political, legal, academic and media support (for rioters and looters).

Perhaps you are exposed to different television, magazines, newspapers, and other media than I am, and so have a different impression.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 02:37:52 pm by faberryman »

Peter McLennan

« Reply #3582 on: December 04, 2020, 02:17:00 pm »

Perhaps.

On a related note, where did I call any of your personal statements or ideas "idiotic"?

Possibly not "idiotic", but how about "ridiculous"  ?   Or  ";D ;D ;D"  ?

jeremyrh

« Reply #3583 on: December 04, 2020, 02:19:08 pm »

Rosa Parks and Nelson Mandela didn't burn down businesses and loot.  I don't know about your suffragettes, though.  They could have been a wild bunch. :)

What a surprise - Alan doesn't know his history ..

https://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-nelson-mandela-legacy-violence-20131206-story.html

https://www.bl.uk/votes-for-women/articles/suffragettes-violence-and-militancy

Peter McLennan

« Reply #3584 on: December 04, 2020, 02:20:39 pm »

Legal?  It was in the court of public opinion.  Anyone who watched the riots and looting on TV, movies not pictures, saw who were doing them. You don't have to be a lawyer or judge to make intelligent conclusions.  Biden may have won.  But the riots didn't help his vote or the Democrat cause. Many Democrats calling to defund the police in the middle of a riot, including AOC and her cronies, didn't help them either.   

No, it was the court of "Alan Opinion". 

Again, please show us how you identify the political affiliation of the people in those pictures.

Peter McLennan

« Reply #3585 on: December 04, 2020, 02:23:58 pm »

But rioters are 99% the Left...

Unverified assertions.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• When everyone thinks the same, nobody thinks
    • My website
« Reply #3586 on: December 04, 2020, 02:28:37 pm »

Unverified assertions.

Ok... I cede you the point: 98%

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3587 on: December 04, 2020, 02:32:04 pm »

So you've got a Marxist author and a BLM organizer who defend looting...

Which I got in 5 minutes by looking at the first page of search results. You really want me to go to great lengths to find any and every academic paper, book,  or media article on the subject?

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3588 on: December 04, 2020, 02:34:13 pm »

What a surprise - Alan doesn't know his history ..

https://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fg-wn-nelson-mandela-legacy-violence-20131206-story.html

https://www.bl.uk/votes-for-women/articles/suffragettes-violence-and-militancy
Sorry if I'm not up on South African history.  Nelson Mandela was apparently violent in an Apartheid state that had no democracy for a majority of its people, all black.  South Africa was like America before the slaves were freed 150 years ago.  So you're justifying violence in America in the 21st Century by comparison? 

Alan Klein

• Flicker photos
« Reply #3589 on: December 04, 2020, 02:36:13 pm »

No, it was the court of "Alan Opinion". 

Again, please show us how you identify the political affiliation of the people in those pictures.
They certainly didn't support Trump.

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3590 on: December 04, 2020, 02:41:17 pm »

... Perhaps you are exposed to different television, magazines, newspapers, and other media than I am...

I've heard that several times in this thread, not necessarily from you only, that my sources are Breitbart, Newsmax, QAnon, some "weird" Instagram feed, etc.

I get my news from multiple sources, mostly news aggregators like Apple News and Bing News. I do visit individually Fox News, CNN, Wall Street journal. My instagram feed is their general "what's new" and includes politics, humor, social issues, photography, etc. I do not visit individually Breitbart, Newsmax, QAnon, etc., mostly because I do not want to spread myself too thin. If I would go there, I think (and you are free do disagree) I am savvy enough to recognize and separate facts from ideological fiction there (or elsewhere, for that matter).

digitaldog

• Andrew Rodney
    • http://www.digitaldog.net/
« Reply #3592 on: December 04, 2020, 02:45:14 pm »

Unverified assertions.
As seen from his last reply, both Slobodan (and Alan) will continue to post in a fact free, exaggerated, way. Neither will hear this message, their only defense to those that keep asking for facts and pushing back on their fiction is to put us on an ignore list. So this back and forth with them will continue until everyone they don't agree with and who've provided facts they cannot accept, will be on that list too.
What we have are trolls in the simplest form and the best way to deal with trolls is to let them post on, without comment, because the comments calling them out for facts are what feed their hunger to continue to troll.
Like Covid-19, if we mask up against their rubbish and wash our hands of their fiction, eventually they will fade away.  This hasn't become the sole domicile of politics from these two, it's become the sole domicile of their religion and cult.
http://www.digitaldog.net/
Author "Color Management for Photographers".

chez

« Reply #3593 on: December 04, 2020, 02:50:49 pm »

My favorite meme of 2020:

That just shows you how much more contagious covid is.

chez

« Reply #3594 on: December 04, 2020, 02:55:44 pm »

As seen from his last reply, both Slobodan (and Alan) will continue to post in a fact free, exaggerated, way.

Well if it works for the leader...why not the sheeple?

jeremyrh

« Reply #3595 on: December 04, 2020, 02:56:18 pm »

More than that, it shows how Slobo has completely not understood the situation

faberryman

« Reply #3596 on: December 04, 2020, 02:58:38 pm »

Which I got in 5 minutes by looking at the first page of search results. You really want me to go to great lengths to find any and every academic paper, book, or media article on the subject?

Not really. I am pretty sure you can find just about anything you want somewhere on the internet.

faberryman

« Reply #3597 on: December 04, 2020, 03:00:54 pm »

They certainly didn't support Trump.

A majority of Americans didn't support Trump, so that's not really saying very much, is it?
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 03:32:39 pm by faberryman »

jeremyrh

« Reply #3598 on: December 04, 2020, 03:01:38 pm »

Sorry if I'm not up on South African history.  Nelson Mandela was apparently violent in an Apartheid state that had no democracy for a majority of its people, all black.  South Africa was like America before the slaves were freed 150 years ago.  So you're justifying violence in America in the 21st Century by comparison?

It doesn't require a great knowledge of South African history to know that Mandela was not a non-violent Ghandi figure, though you may be forgiven for not knowing about the Suffragettes' campaign of arson and bombing. In both cases they resorted to violence because there was no way to justice through peaceful means. 

If Americans can't get justice in 2020, what do you suggest they do - write a strongly worded letter to their congressman?

Slobodan Blagojevic

• My website
« Reply #3599 on: December 04, 2020, 03:06:13 pm »

So... masks are good for the flu,  but not COVID? I agree.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 809   Go Up